Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

That QVC is trying to kill David.  His popularity automatically sells things so they will squeeze the life out of him to soak up as much money as they can from his loyal fans.

Esteemed Contributor

I like David a lot. I love his kitchen shows.I didn’t care for this one. More of the same boring stuff.

Honored Contributor

@Barntoast wrote:

I expected the set for this show to have a more cozy look and feel. It didn’t seem Down Home to me. ITKWD has David’s recipes and personal stories. This new show was missing David’s personality. Maybe it will improve over time. 

@Barntoast - I didn't see the show, but after reading the comments I didn't miss anything! The promo they have been showing gave me the impression it would be as you described - cozy ideas at home with David. If it stays as it is, I won't be watching. 

Respected Contributor

I didn't watch the show but from what I'm reading here, I hope David has a seccure retirement package.  This new company is stepping all over itself and it isn't pretty.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC knows what they’re doing, most of their customers only get on and spend 10 to 15 minutes and there are enough other options like QVC2 to turn to if they don’t like what they see.

Better than 50% of their sales are from their websites, not the TV channel. Only about 20% of their customers actually sit down and watch a whole program.

They know that David is a great sales person, and their suppliers are paying him and QVC to promote their products. If it doesn’t work they’ll try something else.

Honored Contributor

I don’t watch the Q unless there’s an item or product I am interested in purchasing.

I watched David’s new program for 5 minutes m/l and as much as I like David I didn’t care for the program.

I wish him well because I’ve enjoyed him through the years. He works well with live audiences and on location shows.

Esteemed Contributor

I was also disappointed to see the humidifier on first....so I shut it off and started watching something else...

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I was also disappointed to see the humidifier on first....so I shut it off and started watching something else...

@Nataliesgramma: I, too, was disappointed. I started watching another channel, but would switch back over to David during commercials. Seems the humidifier was being presenting every time. Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

new show title, same ol stuff. yawn. 

Respected Contributor

New show same old products.  I only watched a couple of times.  One time they were presenting a clearance price on some kind of outdoor security light and twice they were presenting the TSV humidifier.  I like David but if they don't add some new and exciting products people will burn out quickly.