Contributor

What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

First of all let me say that I like to watch David when he is on.  But I have to say "Down Home with David" was some what lacking, and I was disappointed. Don't forget "Boring". I'm not putting David down; just the show.  Hopefully, it will get better in time. 

And what's up with showing the TSV  (Air Innovations humidifier) twice during the 2 hour show.

Bring "At Home with Jill" back.  I liked watching it. I like to watch "In the Kitchen with David".  I thought this new show was going be a home show with a different take.  Maybe it's just me, but something seems to be missing.

I'd like to hear what others thought about the "Down Home with David" premeire..

Honored Contributor

Re: What Did You Think of "Down Home with David"?

I predicted this would be a cleaning products show, everything from Scrub Daddy to vacuums.  Just wait.....

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I was also wondering about it, @CookieC25, since I like everything "decorating" and I like David.  I wasn't able to watch it, but did DVR for later watching.

Seeing your post, I went and looked at the list of products presented and agree with you-- disappointing.  Looked at the one video of him presenting a decor item, the Candle Impressions oversize lantern.  He did his usual, thoroughly professional, pleasant, warmly engaging job with that.

If they just have him present boring utilitarian stuff, like power blowers and steamers etc., they are wasting a new opportunity.  He could be really good, as he's shown with his kitchen outings, in the sort of "decor/lifestyle" slot.

Hope they're listening to us!

Valued Contributor

@CookieC25:  I like Jill and David teamed up.  I wish they would come up with a show with the two hosting.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually turned off the TV and left the room after seeing that the humidifier TSV was the first item in the show. And then I never came back. I did check in once on my tablet to see the items recently on air, and since they were of absolutely no interest to me (as anticipated based on the preview listing of items from the show), I started watching other things. It is extremely unlikely that I will be watching this program in the future.

@CookieC25 - Just in case you didn't know, "You're Home with Jill" is now airing on Monday and Friday nights from 10 p.m. to midnight ET on QVC2. Enjoyable!  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

I tuned in for 5 minutes while cooking dinner.  He was presenting a ladder that must have been presented on QVC at least 500 times before........ ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

~ house cat ~
Trusted Contributor

Honestly these night shows all show the same thing.  I've gotten some great stuff already this year from presentations in the morning, and early afternoon.  Things you would never see if you just watched at night.

Respected Contributor

Well, if you're going to do a new show have NEW ITEMS.

Occasional Contributor

I expected the set for this show to have a more cozy look and feel. It didn’t seem Down Home to me. ITKWD has David’s recipes and personal stories. This new show was missing David’s personality. Maybe it will improve over time. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I am a fan of David's and I, too, was disappointed in this "new" show.  Like someone else mentioned, where are the NEW items?

Seems like the Q puts hosts names on program titles to draw viewers in, but who's going to stay on and watch if it's the same old, same old kind of products?