Occasional Contributor

Re: Wen class action lawsuit, is your hair falling out!

Hi NycVixen, Thanks so much for your recommendation! I started thinking no one would reply to help. I prefer sulphate free so very glad Alterna caviar is sulphate free! I will definitely check it out :-) Jaxs Mom...just wanted to say good for you! We all should treat our fellow posters with respect, but I was glad you noted that this is a private forum and our Constitutional right to free speech protects us from government censorship which is not relevant here.
Honored Contributor

On 4/11/2015 jaxs mom said:
On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:
On 4/3/2015 stevieb said:

Careful, some of the faithful will be over here lambasting you for even so much as questioning whether the Q should stop selling it...

True...but, the O/P or anyone else can post what they want , there is freedom of speech. And if the Q stopped selling it the "faithful could buy it right from the Wen website". Have a blessed Easter!Smile

There is no freedom of speech on message boards. The owners of any forum legally have the right to limit any speech they want. It seems you aren't aware that the first amendment applies to Government limiting speech by the people. QVC isn't owned by the federal government.

QVC did a review of the message boards and the outcome was that feedback including criticisms of QVC, hosts and vendors would be allowed. And attacking those that do criticize is against the QVC Standards....and this very topic Q DID WHAT is for gripes, complaints....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

On 4/5/2015 katiescarlett said:
On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:

Careful, some of the faithful will be over here lambasting you for even so much as questioning whether the Q should stop selling it...

True...but, the O/P or anyone else can post what they want , there is freedom of speech. And if the Q stopped selling it the "faithful could buy it right from the Wen website". Have a blessed Easter!Smile

Yes, you are right, but what stevieb is saying is that the faithful come down HARD on anyone who DARES utter one critical word about WEN.

NC Bandwagon posted her experiences so eloquently

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/4/2015 Minkah said: I've been using wen for years, started bc I have dry scalp. It did help that issue but I've always had extremely thick long hair but over the last year or two my hair seems thinner and thinner. I'm starting to suspect wen, not age as I had assumed at first (I'm only in my mid thirties). Also the wen DOES strip the red color from my hair....my color runs out every time I wash it's not at all like they show on TV. So I'm thinking I should stop using wen ASAP, can any of you tell me what you recommend for color treated hair? I need suggestions!

I use Dove shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. They are both in a red bottle. I am noticing that I am not running to the beauty parlor as often. And the conditioner leaves my color treated hair soft and shiny and enhances my color and makes it better then it was before. [I have brown hair with warm brown highlights] I love this product. And will continue using it. That is my suggestion, I hope this helped you?

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/11/2015 SPURT said:
On 4/5/2015 katiescarlett said:
On 4/4/2015 Matty6 said:

Yes, you are right, but what stevieb is saying is that the faithful come down HARD on anyone who DARES utter one critical word about WEN.

NC Bandwagon posted her experiences so eloquently

Yes, she did... I am proud of her.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Occasional Contributor

Thanks Matty6 I was curious if Dove was any good so I will research that one too. In the interim I did purchase the Pantene cleansing conditioner for colored hair. I read so many wonderful reviews about it and it was only $5 so I figured low risk and I'll use it for shaving if I hate it. Well, turns out I really like it after a few washes. Also I colored my hair today, I am a vibrant red, and after I rinsed and cleansed with the Pantene no color was running out! I was astonished bc I always had color running out like crazy using Wen but I thought I'd just have to live with it. I also researched all the ingredients in Pantene's CC and found it has good stuff in it. To be fair I researched the Wen fig ingredients too and cannot find one that is bad. So I'm not sure what could be the issue for the poor ladies having hair loss. I heard about too much Protein or build up causing issues, but no one seems to know for certain what is the culprit. So I'm gonna use the Pantene for a week or two more and see how I feel.....time will tell. Thanks again, your suggestions are really appreciated! I'd say try Pantene if your curious for a new and economical CC.
Contributor

You can experience hair loss from any hair product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients. I had some hair loss from one of the Matrix lines, but I don't expect it to be taken off the market because I had a bad reaction. I used Wen for years with no issues.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much. I had tried it before and didn't like it, but I was thinking about trying it again. Had no idea about the lawsuit. Think I'll pass for now until things come to a conclusion.
Super Contributor

Sorry, I'm not going to read all of this thread to respond more directly, but every time I see the title, I feel bad for Chaz, and yet giggle, as I have thrown out my Wen. I finally figured out that it's the WEN that makes my bees chase me!!! They must like the essential oils. Too bad for me, as it helped my scalp and hair.

And yes, my hair is falling out, but it's been falling out long before Wen days. I've just got bad genes. My best to Chaz. What a hassle this must be. - Bird