Honored Contributor

I used WEN for years with great results, but all of a sudden my hair started thinning in the front. I stopped using the product and started taking a supplement called Healthy Skin Hair and Nails from Andrew Lessman. A year later, my hair is thicker than it's ever been, that being said my husband still uses the WEN, but he takes supplements also.

Occasional Contributor
@Q4u Have you noticed that Chaz's hair looks greasy?? My husband says he needs to wash his hair. 😂😂
Honored Contributor

Yes!  I've noticed Chaz's hair looking greasy for a long time, even before I started using it.  If it's like mine was, it really isn't greasy to feel, but looks that way.  I've also noticed the last time the WEN gals were on with him that several of them (I remember Kerri(sp)?) the model, her hair was separating and looking greasy.  To be fair some of the models' hair looked spectacular but two or three did not..... IMHO.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Contributor

I'm *SO* glad I saw this post!  My hair stylist actually asked me at my last appointment what I was using at home (I've been a WEN-only user for a couple of years). 
When I explained that I used WEN products (mostly sweet almond mint), she very kindly - but firmly - said I needed to change to something else.  Today. 

She was noticing that my hair was thinning!  She didn't really care what else I used but needed to use something else - for everything - not just shampooing.  She apparently had done a ton of research on the ingredients and the only thing she could come up with was that it might be the "protein" they use (although she noted that she had a HECK of a time trying to get a complete list of actual ingredients). 

Cat Sad

Hopefully, she'll notice an improvement over the next few months but it sounds like it may take up to a year before the hair starts to come back?

Occasional Contributor

I bought many bottles of different kinds of Wen from QVC , used it for a few months and really got alarmed when my hair became thinner and thinner at the front and or crown and sides.

I used it as directed, yet my hair never looked good, never got compliments, always thought my hair looked greasy and dirty as if it hadn't been washed for a week or more,

I never wrote on this forum as I did not want the back lash people get from the "Wen lovers" here. I stopped after a few months and have used Alterna and a few of the more expensive and I call better brands, yet my hair is slow to return, it is so very painfull for a woman to loose her hair,I so understand what you are going through.

Regular Contributor

For me, I noticed clumps of hair (mine is long) in the bathtub.   Quit using WEN and started taking BIOTIN 5mg and finally getting back to normal.   I used only the Seasonals so these were Soy-based and not wheat.   Some users love WEN so perhaps it's how our bodies react to certain chemicals/proteins.