Esteemed Contributor

Re: ""Well-Behaved Women........."" ?? What??

On 3/18/2015 HollyDays said:
On 3/17/2015 kittymomNC said:

Did anyone see clips of Michelle's "dance-off" with Ellen D? A lot of people think she's not as "well-behaved" as she should be for a FL, but I think what she's been doing to try and get kids to eat right and exercise is one of the best things she could do! They're the future of our country and they need to be healthy... and if it's not fun, it doesn't get their attention! Smile (Besides, she's a good dancer!)

I agree and I wish she would have been more front and center with her causes. She has been quietly in the background when she could have been so much more than the role she's been playing.

I think she's had to walk a very fine line on what she tried to do and how she's gone about it, since she has done virtually nothing wrong but has been criticized anyway in so many ways. She's even been criticized for this program of helping children eat healthy and exercise... how on earth can you criticize anyone for that? I'm surprised I haven't heard her being roundly called out for "misbehaving" and dancing with Ellen!

I'm being realistic. Yes, I think she's an extremely smart, accomplished woman and probably could have done so much more, if she were not the first AA First Lady married to a man who is constantly criticized for every single thing he does and gets almost no credit for any of the good he has done and tried to do. JMHO

Honored Contributor

Did anyone see clips of Michelle's "dance-off" with Ellen D? A lot of people think she's not as "well-behaved" as she should be for a FL, but I think what she's been doing to try and get kids to eat right and exercise is one of the best things she could do! They're the future of our country and they need to be healthy... and if it's not fun, it doesn't get their attention! Smile (Besides, she's a good dancer!)

I agree and I wish she would have been more front and center with her causes. She has been quietly in the background when she could have been so much more than the role she's been playing.

Unfortunately, too many people still think of any First Lady as a Stepford Wife .... someone who should look pretty, smile and wave a lot and never make waves. I think these women are capable of so much more, and should use the time to a influence many causes.

Yes, I KNOW that she has children to raise, and she isn't an ELECTED official, but this country still needs a lot of help, and a strong woman can not only accomplish a lot, but inspire people, as well. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

She might run someday
Esteemed Contributor

When I get up in the morning, I have tea with breakfast and read the news on my Kindle. For the most part, and I'm not exaggerating, just about every female in the news is someone I would NOT want my 17 month old granddaughter to emulate - EVER.

Honored Contributor

I've seen that as a bumper sticker. I wish I could find one...I'd sure slap it on my bumper.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/18/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

Unfortunately, too many people still think of any First Lady as a Stepford Wife .... someone who should look pretty, smile and wave a lot and never make waves. I think these women are capable of so much more, and should use the time to a influence many causes.

Yes, I KNOW that she has children to raise, and she isn't an ELECTED official, but this country still needs a lot of help, and a strong woman can not only accomplish a lot, but inspire people, as well. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I so love what she and Jill Biden do for military families.

FLOTUS has been trashed every step of the way.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Esteemed Contributor

I don'know about bumper sticker, but I have it on a tee shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I don'know about bumper sticker, but I have it on a tee shirt.