Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing multiple layers in 100 degree weather.

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

Yep in Texas we're with you.....its sundresses or sleveless dresses, tank or t-shirts in crop pants or shorts.....NO LAYERS!!!  And I dont care how light the material is, layers still add warmth to the outfit !! Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila4Now

In Texas---LAYERS!!!????? ---  YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING! And I actually wrote QVC about this issue....to remember us that live in hot parts of the country that dont layer at all!

I dont know about other parts of the country, but stores and offices here are encouraged to help conserve energy to prevent brown outs in days and months of hot weather....so stores and offices arent cold with the A/C set at 78 or 80 and doors opening and closing and letting hot air from the outside in you actually sweat in some of the places...And in a movie theatre that's crowded it just isn't cold at all....And at night, we are lucky if if gets DOWN in the 80's in the summer....

Im my email to QVC I asked them to do an outside summer clothing fashion show demonstrating how those layers work in the summer sun....of course they haven't taken me up on my offer which to me says they proved my point....

Now I do understand there are medications where one of the side effects makes people feel cold .or someone with a skin condition that needs to keep their skin covered,  so I totally understand those situations where people need to layer their clothing........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I sometimes dress in layers in the summer.  Go from my a/c car, to an a/c train, a/c building, etc.  Yesterday when I woke up and took the pup out, it was 55 degrees.  I put my BD sweater on. 

Respected Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

Just because Lori shows her clothes that way..you don't have to wear them that way. I love Logo. I have many tops and dresses and I have never layered them. I wear them on their own ansd believe it or not,I get many compliments and asked all the time where can I get it..So, if you have never tried any of her clothing,don't judge it by how she wants to sell it.

Exactly. Most of us don't do all that layering. I get hot easily, even in winter months, and the extent of my layering is a cardigan over a top, or one of her lighter fabric long-sleeved shirts over a sleeveless tunic. I'm sure if you saw me and many of us who do wear it in person, you wouldn't be calling us clowns and bag ladies, or other insulting terms 

Contributor

I don't recall seeing a real person with the LOGO (bag lady) look in my area.  I have wondered who really dresses like that.  I found out last year while cruising the UK.  I went into one of the shops aboard the ship.  Lo and behold, a real person dressed in long, multiple layers and also donning very strange hair style and color.  So they are out there.

Honored Contributor

Not everyone lives where it is that hot (even with a hot summer in most of the nation).

Not everyone is buying to wear right now.

Not everyone is warm in air conditioning, but some get chilled enough for a couple of thin layers, rather than have a jacket or sweater on for bulk, might prefer this.

Honored Contributor

The hosts and stylists have lots of fun layering certain items.

I'm not a fan of mixing, say, mustard with pinks, etc.

But, since this brand is a top selling brand, I'm guessing that many folks like to see all of the layering.

I tend to keep my items and colors simple and layered at a minimum.

But, 'that's just me'. 

Layering is a sign of the times, so to speak.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

We have triple digits as well and will be through September. Can't imagine layering this time of year.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

I realize some folks may wear multiple layers, but just the thought of it when the heat index is 108 here makes me half ill.  I realize the Logo brand is built on layering to sell more tops, but for goodness sakes, use common sense!  If AC makes you cold, then maybe a sweater, but what I'm seeing just looks out of touch with reality.

@Lila4Now  Major “UH OH” bringing up LOGO!

I was under the impression we are all adults, and have the right to our own opinions.  Others may like her clothes, that's fine.  I would never step outside looking like she looked today.   In my view, she dresses like a bag woman.

@Lila4Now  You would think, but mentioning LOGO is the kiss of death like bringing up WEN....just trying to protect you. 💕

Honored Contributor

The only time I wear multiple layers is when it's below zero (before wind chill).  I haven't been cold in 20 years.  A certain medication has this side effect.