Respected Contributor

Re: Watching today's TSV , what's with the eye brows?

[ Edited ]

I always have to laugh when that Jamie is on there.  She always goes on about eyebrows, but when I see her, that's the first thing I see on her face,  When they look so fake and drawn on, sorry, but that's not a good look to me. It doesn't look attractive to me, which is the opposite of what she's telling us.  While I don't use any eyebrow products, I can understand some might need to fill in, etc, but some of them on there are just over the top.  I don't want my brows to look like Mickey D's golden arches.

Honored Contributor

It Cosmetics in general does not work for me, enhances every line and wrinkle I have. I do like their brow power and blush though. I think the brows on the model are over the top, but it's not the product it's how they apply it.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see this presentation, but a family member does this fake,very heavily drawn on eyebrow.  It looks silly and everytime I see her, I find myself trying to stop myself from looking at it.  She looks like Groucho Marx, it's that overdone.  She's in her 20's and she hasn't overplucked, so no real reason to do it.  I understand some people have medical issues where the brow is faint, but hers isn't.  I'm not a fan of the look.

Trusted Contributor

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

@Q4u

Do you mind if I ask the name of the Revlon product? I will order it off Amazon Woman Surprised if I can get the item name. I have literally no eyebrows now due to Hashimoto' Disease Woman Mad

I currently use Wonderbrow but don't care for the liquid paint-like texture. One brow always turns out askew, usually slightly lower than the other. It's not a pretty sight. The brows really do frame the face and make for a younger appearance. I look about 80 with no brows. I've thought of tattooing the brow areas but I've seen really, really bad results. Can a poster please comment if they've had brow tattooing done and if you are satisfied with the results?

dee

@Q4u wrote:

I am eyebrow inpaired (plucking and having pre-cancerous little thingys removed) and I've tried every product out there.  The best one I've found for color and being able to apply it simulating strand by strand is a Revlon product with a spoolie at one end for $6.95 at WalMart.  I used IT's product for awhile but it kept breaking and there wasn't much product for about $30!  

I like some of IT's products but the amounts = price has put me off many of them.  

@deedledeedeedle My mom decided to get permanent makeup (tattoo) brows and she's very happy with it. It looks so much better. The artist was very skilled and it looks natural. My mom still adds a little brow product to her hairs left and it just looks slightly made up like anyone else using a little makeup. Before she didn't do too well at her eyebrows, the shape, over plucking and the makeup looking drawn on, so it was a big improvement.

Trusted Contributor

Just saw the same girl on AM Style.  She was wearing her brows even higher today.  You can tell where her brows belong,  She's painted them about a brows width too high.  Why doesn't someone show her how it's done?