Trusted Contributor

Watching today's TSV , what's with the eye brows?

Is this a new style?  The blonde model has painted her brows on significantly higher than her natural brows would be.  If this is a new style, I'm going to be out of style.  

Super Contributor

Re: Watching today's TSV , what's with the eye brows?

Besides the eyebrows, Model Sheila is putting on powder  you can see all her pores. I threw out or returned all of It Cosmetics, awful, just awful. My face broke out from everything.

Honored Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

Is this a new style?  The blonde model has painted her brows on significantly higher than her natural brows would be.  If this is a new style, I'm going to be out of style.  

@Lila4Now  Unfortunately we have the YouTube tutorials to thank for the painted on, artificial brow. The K sisters added to the craze.

Fuller brows are a younger look, but can be achieved w/o the exaggerated sharpie look.

Trusted Contributor

I have thyroid disease so I could use some fill in, but not this kind ...lol    It seems to be a big thing in my area  to paint on exaggerated brows but  I just think it looks clownish. Maybe I am just showing my age. *sigh*

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Respected Contributor

They do look abnormally high.  I wonder if she overplucked and they never grew back and thinking that if they are drawn on higher it will be like a mini facelift.

She is a beautiful girl, but those brows remind me of the joker, sorry. 

JackNicholsonJoker.jpg

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen a presentation of the TSV yet.

I just wanted to remark about putting your eyebrows higher...Whenever I plucked stray hairs back then (I felt my brows were too full), I always plucked from underneath, nothing ever above. When I fill in now for a little brow enhancement, I always make sure I fill in underneath where my natural brow would be.

I'm sure I would think it looks clownish, too, if the brows are unnaturally raised.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Haven't turned the tv on yet but am guessing you're talking about Desiree? If so she is the one that has that perpetually surprised look with those eyebrows. Oh by the way, did you know they work with plastic surgeons? LOL...OMG that always gets slipped into the spiel in the first 30 seconds.

Came back to say I just flipped it on, caught the last few seconds but saw Jaime not Desiree. I guessed wrong, unless Desiree was also on earlier.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Lila4Now wrote:

@Lila4Now  Unfortunately we have the YouTube tutorials to thank for the painted on, artificial brow. The K sisters added to the craze.

Fuller brows are a younger look, but can be achieved w/o the exaggerated sharpie look.

Didn't see the model,, but Christopher Buckle says that eyebrows should be drawn in higher. It's like an eye lift.

Respected Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

Besides the eyebrows, Model Sheila is putting on powder  you can see all her pores. I threw out or returned all of It Cosmetics, awful, just awful. My face broke out from everything.

ITA.  This stuff is low quality and garbage.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lila4Now wrote:

@Lila4Now  I'm not a fan of the fake-looking painted-on brows either.  No offense to the blonde gal, Desiree, but I've always thought her brows were too high for her face and makes her look surprised.  Many of the younger girls are heavily into the brows, but I like mine the way they are and haven't bought into the whole "brow thing."  Like you, I'm going to be out of style, too!!!!   Enjoy the day!