Honored Contributor

I saw Alex one morning with Mary DeAngelis selling Susan Graver and the show was a train wreck too.  I think she needs a little more training. 

Respected Contributor

I don't think the new hosts are very prepared at all.  They need a lot more training.

Alex makes me nervous.  There is another new host - I don't even know her name yet.  She was doing a show presentation.  She talked more about the shoes she wanted someone to order for her than give product info. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

A guy selling quaker factory and a new host.  They are so trying to out talk each other.  It is awful.   Please tell everyone to slow down.   Jeeze  I know I can turn the channel and I did!   Shouldn't be that way. 

@BalletBabe  Oh, I saw the same thing!!  Couldn't believe it.  I think the guy's name is Patrick, but don't know who the host was.  I thought if this is a new rep for QF, Jeanne Bice would be turning over in her grave.  He is awful and so was the host......yes, trying to out talk each other!

Respected Contributor

@tobe wrote:

I agree!  I am from the South, and I can not decipher "speed talking!"

I'm from the south also, but I can understand any reasonable style of talk.  Howeve, listening to speed talk and/or listening to speech tried with a mouth full of food doesn't work for me.  I find it both offensive and frustrating.  Off goes the channel for either one.

As for the new host that someone called a mini Antonella, she should be taken off the air until she learns to tone it down and slow down, or maybe just give her some tranquilizers. She is a real screamer and very annoying. I won't watch her.

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@tobe wrote:

I'm from the south also, but I can understand any reasonable style of talk.  Howeve, listening to speed talk and/or listening to speech tried with a mouth full of food doesn't work for me.  I find it both offensive and frustrating.  Off goes the channel for either one.

As for the new host that someone called a mini Antonella, she should be taken off the air until she learns to tone it down and slow down, or maybe just give her some tranquilizers. She is a real screamer and very annoying. I won't watch her.

I 'd bet Amy is her mentor.

She's like Amy's mini me.

Esteemed Contributor

We need to stop blaming the hosts for all this silly nonsense (singing,dancing, yelling, boring stories about their families) and start putting the blame where it belongs on QVC management.  I may not like it and you may not like it but the fact remains that the hosts are doing what they have been told to do by management.  If you read interviews with top QVC management you will see that they have decided that they need to entertain the customer in order to sell product.  ACcording to them  today's customer is no longer content just to get colors, sizing info,  etc. presented to them.  THey require entertainment and by gosh QVC hosts are going to give them entertainment.  THus the singing, the dancing, the stories etc.  So please don't be so hard on the hosts.  they have their marching orders from management and that's who signs their pay checks.

Honored Contributor

Within the last couple of weeks, I saw Courtney Khondabi (sp?) presenting clothing with a vendor.  I cannot remember what line of clothing but they were showing an open front sweater.  Courtney said something about wearing a dickie underneath it.  The look on the vendor's face was priceless and she said she didn't think that would be a good idea.  The vendor explained what a dickie was and Courtney said she had some that were long and tucked into her pants.  The vendor said then that's not a dickie and she again said what a dickie was.

I think Courtney was thinking of those Kathleen Kirkwood ****** Trace Ease but kept saying dickie and it was just a funny exchange.  I could just picture someone wearing an actual dickie under an open front topper.  LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

@tobe wrote:

------------------------

I agree...her voice, her voice...so grating!  Yes, she has personality and enthusiasm, but what good does it do if viewers turn off the channel?? This is supposed to be a selling channel, not an entertaining channel....

Respected Contributor

Courtney is the host I was referring to.   She needs some more training.   

Honored Contributor

As for the new hosts---I do like Katie McGee.....very good and lets the vendor speak.  And I saw Mary Nelson on a couple of shows and I liked her too...............

I have never seen Alex (and it sounds like I should be happy about that)..............

At least when I saw Courtney she did talk slow although she was very scripted and very unnatural...............as did that other new one Kathie (shes the one that went on maternity leave)..................

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”