Esteemed Contributor

Lots of assumptions being made about people we don't know. Let's just assume the best and admit we're not all the same or live the same kinds of lives. I hope no one feels as if they have to defend themselves to strangers. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

For me, TV is more listening than watching.  It's rare I ever sat down to watch any program giving it my full attention.    I'm always doing something else.  As I type this post, I'm listening to a program on "Investigation Discovery" at the same time.   

For me, household chores are so mindless, I need something more stimulating to occupy my thoughts. Also, TV brings life into the house that can be dreadfully quiet without it. 

Can't remember when we didn't have TV on in the background, but it definitely wasn't always QVC.  During the past year, it hasn't been on much at all.  

Agreed.  ID is one of my favorites!  

Esteemed Contributor

I have mine on a lot during the day, but I don't watch QVC as much as I use to. I seem to use it for background noise. Really, I figure a lot of folks use to tv for background noise, seems like I have read others do it too.