New Contributor

I have been watching QVC since day 1 but over the last couple of months I watch it less and less.  To where I barely watch at all.  It seems like everytime I turn it on it is the TSV.  The presentations of any item is getting longer and longer.  I can just about guess what the TSV is going to be before it is shown.  The same items in rotation.   My favorite pet peeve....example pants.  These are the best pants ever you have to have them.  A few items later another pair of pants again these are he best pants ever.  Hostess I own these in every color.  Come on now if you did your closet would be the size of a house.  Who are you trying to fool with this one.   The hostess are going over the top with the carnival like barking in trying to sell a product.  The only thing I can think of is sales are down.  From what I have read in the blogs I am not the only one that has lost interest in QVC.  Things have changed with QVC but not for the better. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Watching QVC less and less

There are several factors which account for why I watch less QVC.  Perhaps one near the top of the list is that many of presentations aren't done as classy and low key as they previously were.  I won't get into naming names and particular shows and hosts, but rather just say this is the current overall perspective I have about the network.  There are still a few hosts and vendors who provide me with watchable hours for QVC shopping, but not as many as before.  I'm not blaming the individuals.  QVC is a highly tuned business operation and what we see on air is part of a planned process.  Everything, from the sales pitches (including hosts using identical phrases to express themselves), to the manner in which the shows are conducted, comes down to employees (the hosts) following the instructions of their supervisors and executive management.  

Valued Contributor

Totally agree. I have been with them since day one. Bought practically everything from them..., jewelry, sheets, clothing, pots and pans, food, etc. Now it is becoming an infomercial with hour long presentations of $5000 mattresses, the endless CIJ shows, overpriced polyester clothing, and electronics. I would put the TV on the minute I came home from work and call my sister to talk about all the goodies we would buy. Those days are gone. I have Diamonique in 14k gold that looks brand new and is at least 20 years old. The new product scratches after a few wearing and looks like you got it at a flea market. Worst is the carnivalike presentations by the new hosts and some of the vendors. I know I'm getting older and nothing stays the same, but I have still have money to spend and miss my old QVC.
Valued Contributor

I couldn't agree more. QVC used to be so classy. I don't watch QVC as much as I used to. I remember when the hosts did the cook shows themselves and they all cooked. Now the hosts don't seem to be able to do anything for themselves. There is always a rep from the product company really selling the item. I don't know why it takes an hour to sell the same computer, mattress, camera, etc. I can go to any store and buy a computer, mattress or any item in less then an hour. The hosts just aren't as classy anymore. You would never have seen Kathy Levine or any of the original hosts look like these hosts do. For example: black roots, clothes that aren't appropriate. Surely they wouldn't go to work at a good dept store dressed like that. I have been watching since 1990.
Trusted Contributor

I find that I watch less because there are several hosts I just don't enjoy.  It didn't used to be that way.  When I first started watching years and years ago, I don't recall ever having a problem watching any of the hosts.  In the past few years they have been hiring hosts that are just unbearable to watch. 

Trusted Contributor

@Nancy From Wisconsin wrote:

I have been watching QVC since day 1 but over the last couple of months I watch it less and less.  To where I barely watch at all.  It seems like everytime I turn it on it is the TSV.  The presentations of any item is getting longer and longer.  I can just about guess what the TSV is going to be before it is shown.  The same items in rotation.   My favorite pet peeve....example pants.  These are the best pants ever you have to have them.  A few items later another pair of pants again these are he best pants ever.  Hostess I own these in every color.  Come on now if you did your closet would be the size of a house.  Who are you trying to fool with this one.   The hostess are going over the top with the carnival like barking in trying to sell a product.  The only thing I can think of is sales are down.  From what I have read in the blogs I am not the only one that has lost interest in QVC.  Things have changed with QVC but not for the better. 

I think it sounds healthier that you are not watching QVC so often.  I find it mind numbling myself.

I find I do my shopping by looking for select items and then watching the video demonstrations - several times if necessary to determine if the product is for me.  

Honored Contributor

My viewing has declined over time to the point where I now essentially don't watch. For many of the same reasons others have listed, there isn't much, in my view, they're doing right these days.  When something stops being enjoyable, there's no reason to continue doing it.  Watching QVC, overall, is no longer enjoyable.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I have been watching and buying on the Q since 1994 and I bought everything from A to Z there.  I rarely had to return anything and the prices were very reasonable.  Quality has gone way down and it isn't convenient to return items more often than not.  The value is no longer there.  

I rarely watch now.  When I do try to watch it seems like it's always Christmas.  I don't want to see Christmas all summer.

Honored Contributor

My biggest gripe, in addition to how boring the offerings have become, is the newer hosts.  It's such sharp contrast from the older, long-time hosts that it's difficult for me to get used to them.  Talk way to loud/fast for this old-timer.  And an overall lack of professionalism from some of them.  But I have to admit, it's just plain easier to check on line to see what's been presented.  And if you miss a TSV, chances are that, for the most part, the prices aren't all that much of a savings, so not much has been missed.

Very sad, as it used to be so much better/classier.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I rarely warch.  Why would I?  I resent all the postage costs involved with trying on an item, which may not flatter me, nor fit, or might be of poor quality.  As far as the Q's endless beauty shows, I am now going to Sephora, where I can get personal attention and access to a huge array of brands and little samples to try of any skin care products I am thinking of.  We also do quite a bit of business with Amazon.

The entertainment value of QVC has also really gone down.  That's good for me, as it helps me to avoid temptation.