Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's not just the food presentations.  Have you noticed the performances and exaggerations that occur when showing exercise equipment?   Even the describing of an ordinary tee shirt can evoke an Oscar-worthy performance. 

@Kachina624 

download (2).jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Re: Watching QVC Lately

[ Edited ]

But that's the thing. It DOESN'T look or sound tantalizing when they make food noises, faces and eat all of that food and inhale it the way they do. I'm always stunned at how much they can eat, It's shocking to me and that they can even maintain their weight eating that volume of food with unhealthy, high nutritional numbers like that. I never see anyone eat as much food as these hosts do (except in eating contests). I don't know where they put it.

I know it's their job to sell but there are a couple of hosts that can do it with elegance, class, professionalism etc. I think David V. is one of them and so was Elise Ivy. 

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Is more like watching hosts eat or act.  I feel like I'm watching a performance instead of having hosts promote and explain various items.  I like to watch and see products before buying, so I do like to watch.  But some of these food presentations are such a turn off ... eating loudly and making smack lipping noises is something left for home, and talking with food in their mouth is a total turnoff.  I wonder if they make those noises when eating out?

@rms1954 

I agree with you....I watched a food show once and that was enough for me NEVER AGAIN!!!  (some say "YUM" before they even put the food in their mouth 😄) And even on the non-food shows, some hosts seem to be promoting themselves rather than the QVC products.....channel changers for me! 

Yes, and in addition to that, promoting their DAUGHTERS ad nauseam!!!!! 😩

Respected Contributor

@Shanus 

They sell alot of food most find overpriced/  I think a lot of people buy for convenience sake and don't like shopping or cooking or maybe have trouble getting out to the stores.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal 

I watch less too, however, I feel I just don't need as much as when I was younger.  My kitchen cabinets are full of all the kitchen items I have bought the past 15 years,, I retired so I don't need new purses, shoes, clothes; and how many knick-knacks does one need?  The hosts don't annoy me as much as my needs have changed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

It's not just the food presentations.  Have you noticed the performances and exaggerations that occur when showing exercise equipment?   Even the describing of an ordinary tee shirt can evoke an Oscar-worthy performance. 

I've made up my mind to return what they extremely oversell and actually lie about. They deserve it!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I can't watch the food shows anymore. They have gotten disgusting. It remeinds me of when my teenage son worked at Subway and they permitted them to eat freely. Just disgusting to eat like that b/c it's free. Yes, I think they eat a lot b/c it's free. Alberti even said he had to lose 26 lbs. he gained from the show, but he didn't serve one show item at his party!