Honored Contributor

Re: Watching Kim Gravel tonight

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

It's all about Coco, ya'll.  "I'm a jean girl, I'm a sweater girl, I'm a tye-dye girl, I'm a this or that girl.  And her skeeter bits to start the show.

No one really cares what kind of "girl" you are.  Oh, but she's not a yoga girl, cuz that would take some effort.

@rms1954 

I used to really like her as a host---she was pleasant and gave viewers good info about the products....then after she started co-hosting with Shawn she got into the personal stories and silliness and completely changed....and her real hair is very nice so she doesnt need that fake looking wig 

Now I dont want the hosts to be like robots, but some take the silliness way too far....I think Leah manages to balance things out---a bit of fun, but she doesnt forget about the merchandise! And sorry folks but the website doesnt give very much info---mostly sales puffery and fluff....I see a lot of questions that go unanswered on the website about the products---to me that means the presentation was a failure and didnt give the customer info they wanted....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@hari wrote:

They make it more about them than info about the clothes.  I just keep it on for background noise.  I guess the host has her husband do her laundry, so she doesn't tell us the info many of us need about washing and drying info. Of course each designer brags about the clothes they present, so we learn that we cannot rely on that to influence us; we learn we must use our own judgment.

@hari 

And in a lot of cases we learn the hard way by paying to return items because of inadequate information provided by the host and/or vendor (theres more to clothing than just going through the colors as more and more host seem to do !!!!---is it a true fit, should you size up or size down....if there are no petite sizes can petites still wear the garment, how is the garment cared for ETC ETC ETC????)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rose429 wrote:

Watched Kim's show with Courtney and thoroughly enjoyed it. They made me laugh. It seems every show generates complaints about the host or vendor and it is getting so tiresome. I think some people are watching too much QVC and finding fault with everything. 

Maybe if QVC deducted a percentage from the host's  salary based on returns from customers then perhaps the hosts would be more deligent about giving the viewer better information. The main purpose of QVC is afterall to sell merchandise...I have different options for entertainment.... 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Rose429 wrote:

Watched Kim's show with Courtney and thoroughly enjoyed it. They made me laugh. It seems every show generates complaints about the host or vendor and it is getting so tiresome. I think some people are watching too much QVC and finding fault with everything. 

Finally someone said how i feel about all of these complaints about hosts , i agree people need to find something else to watch. I have a couple of hosts i don't like to watch and have never posted about them , i just don't watch when they are on.

@MW in Iowa @Rose429 

Check out Qurates and QVC's  financial reports and press conferences from their parent company's website Libertyinteractive---they are struggling with sales and their revenues are down...they caught a break with the pandemic as people were locked down and watching more TV and some viewers started ordering again from QVC, but with things opening up some brands and merchandise categories are struggling again......so QVC cant afford to have viewers to just turn the channel.  QVC needs to start paying attention to customer feedback. Apparently viewers that like what they see arent doing enought to help QVC's bottom line...telling viewers to just quietly go away if they dont like something is not going to help QVC's financial picture.....

Occasional Contributor

Love watching 2 hours of CoCo and Kim. I don't have much to laugh about these days, so if I can watch these women joke and have a little fun. I laugh with them not at them. Best 2 hours of QVC of the week.

Super Contributor

@Spurt @I read the description of the item, material that it is made of and how to wash it. I also click on specific measurements and look at it on the models. Very rarely return an item. I am not sure what you are not getting from the hosts. I think you are unhappy with QVC but can't make the break. There are loads of places to shop.

Esteemed Contributor

Many times when I'm intereted in somethding important in order to purchase, I'm told dby the host to go check out qvc for the information.

I feel like if I'm tv shopping, they should have all necessary to buy. Everybody isn't at their computer, nor is it their job. 

The host has to be the customers eyes and feelers. They have plenty of time. Their job is more than just colors and how many have been sold. 

Host who give very satisfactory information are Jayne Brown, Mary Beth, Pat, Carolyn. They have time to be friendlly, but they also know their job is sell the product with all the information with few returns. 

Fashion Night is just a lot of silliness with very little attention paid to the product. And why complaind? Because I don't like it when hosts spoil a good show that I would like to see and perhaps buy.

Respected Contributor

I like watching Kim but I have never bought any of her clothing cause for me it is too expensive.  She seems like such a fun person and I love her sense of humor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rose429

Well then we aren't looking at the same brands or product categories lots of questions posted on the website by lots of customers go unanswered

I only purchase certain brands from QVC
..if your happy with inconsistent sizing and quality and non competitive prices and slow shipping then you'll be satisified with QVC!  It's your decision.  But their  financial reports bear it out that something isn't working Several years ago they used to have a 7% or 6% increase in sales/revenues each quarter but now they are lucky to eeck out a 1% increase or a 1% or 2% decline....They need to make some changes and focusing on entertainment or acting silly isnt it...

I already shop at a variety of places including QVC and do like some of QVC's specific brands. I'm also a comparison shopper and also read consumer reports and reviews to get the best quality and price for my money. I give feedback because I want to retain QVC as a retail option. Constructive criticism is allowed as long as it meets the Forum Guidelines. If you think QVC is the perfect retailer and you've had only positive experiences, then good for you---- enjoy your shopping at QVC..............Now if you dont like the posts with constructive criticism you can always skip them.......

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

Many times when I'm intereted in somethding important in order to purchase, I'm told dby the host to go check out qvc for the information.

I feel like if I'm tv shopping, they should have all necessary to buy. Everybody isn't at their computer, nor is it their job. 

The host has to be the customers eyes and feelers. They have plenty of time. Their job is more than just colors and how many have been sold. 

Host who give very satisfactory information are Jayne Brown, Mary Beth, Pat, Carolyn. They have time to be friendlly, but they also know their job is sell the product with all the information with few returns. 

Fashion Night is just a lot of silliness with very little attention paid to the product. And why complaind? Because I don't like it when hosts spoil a good show that I would like to see and perhaps buy.

@febe1 

Well said!