Honored Contributor

Re: Watched First Presentation of Popcorn

@MrSour wrote:

I happened to catch the always attractive Leah in the very early A.M. hours. I don't know if she was presenting the popcorn but she mentioned it but that wig she had on did not do her any favors. 

@MrSour  If that is the case, than is "always" attractive accurate?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@MrSour wrote:

I happened to catch the always attractive Leah in the very early A.M. hours. I don't know if she was presenting the popcorn but she mentioned it but that wig she had on did not do her any favors. 

@MrSour    Was she wearing a blond wig from yesterdays TSV?Man Wink

She was wearing the black TSV pixie wig.  She  looked cute in it, IMO.  I didn't care for the sleeveless top she had on though.  ( first time I ever saw her in something that wasn't flattering) 

Honored Contributor

I thought the wig was cute and as far as her arms go, I'd trade any day.  My sleeveless days are over.  I'm going through spring tops and pull the ones I don't wear with a cardigan for donation.

Honored Contributor

@depglass   Her arms are fine, I just  didn't care for the top..i didn't like the cut of it. Something looked off about the fit.

Respected Contributor

I feel bad for the hosts that have to talk about popcorn for an hour. 

QVC really needs to shorten these TSV presentations. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt you and me both. There are products that when I see them on the program mean I won't even bother to look at QVC that day.

Esteemed Contributor

@deeva I so agree with you. I was watching one of the fashion shows and they came on with the TSV and that was fine but the presentation went on for so long that I moved on to something else. I'm good for about 10 minutes on one item, after that, they have lost me and I'm out.

And before someone points out that people tune in at all points of a program/show/day, etc. yep I get that but I still stand by my point of view especially when the TSV will be presented ad nauseum through the day.

Honored Contributor

Yes, they do like to take fresh bags out of the microwave and dump them in glass bowls.   It must sell popcorn.

Farmer Jon's has so many "flavors," though each is merely a grade on the buttery scale.  There's a new flavor called "homestyle."  Carolyn asked the vendor to describe it; he said it tastes just like home-made. (I guess that's compared to the other flavors, which taste like they come from a movie theater.)

Honored Contributor

I am not even tempted to try it.  I do not ever eat palm oil, especially as a substitute for butter.

If I want butter popcorn, I will make my own with real butter.  It's not  that difficult.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie Thank you for mentioning palm oil as I assumed these were made with butter, I've got to do better and check out the ingredient list on food items ... I'm not a fan of palm oil & won't be ordering afterall.