Respected Contributor

Watch your prices on advance orders

I ordered the Winter Berry Urn Filler 5 weeks ago - it was an advance order to be shipped toward the latter part of October.  No problem as I wanted it for after-Thanksgiving Christmas decorating.  I just happened to notice yesterday that the price is now $10 less than when I ordered it.  But my order pricing wasn't changed.  So I cancelled it and re-ordered it.  It's still on advance order.  So it pays to check occasionally when you have an advance order.  And yes I know CS would have given me a price adjustment  but this was just easier.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Watch your prices on advance orders

@FranandZoe couldn't you have called customer services for a price adjustment? I feel canceling and reordering puts you at the end of the line instead of further up front. 

Trusted Contributor

@FranandZoe  if this is the one I think it is, JoAnnes has it for $45 (with added shipping, of course).  Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to check my advance orders.

Respected Contributor

@DecorDiva wrote:

@FranandZoe  if this is the one I think it is, JoAnnes has it for $45 (with added shipping, of course).  Thanks for the heads up, I'm going to check my advance orders.

I don't see it on JoAnn's website - do you have an item number?  The QVC one is $49 now and I'm holding out for free shipping.  I may pop in to JoAnn's today an see if they have it in the store.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@FranandZoe couldn't you have called customer services for a price adjustment? I feel canceling and reordering puts you at the end of the line instead of further up front. 

Yes as I said I knew I could do that.  I'm not worried about when I receive it.  Thanks.