Honored Contributor

Re: Watch Your Returns Carefully!

I have been shopping Q for 26 years or so.  I have had pkgs that have never arrived, returns that were lost.  I have received pkgs with nothing in them, and once QVC received an empty package from me. This hasn't happened often at all, but it has over a long period of time.  Everything was taken care of by CS.  Yes, it is a hassle to keep track of everything!  I do not return much anymore, as I have learned not to buy clothes or shoes.  Simple.

I know I went crazy at the Nordstrom sale, and between me, granddaughters we had many pkgs, and they ship in separate deliveries.  I realize one gets things faster that way, but I hate it when I order 5 items and it comes in  4 shipments.  So many numbers and orders to sort through when a return is necessary. Not to mention the uncalled for extra large boxes!!

Super Contributor

The returns center not only makes mistakes but it has been taking much longer for returns to be processed. The last two items I returned were not processed for a full week after they were delivered to the returns center. They also do not always credit the shipping back on defective merchandise. You do need to watch them like a hawk!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They should take some lessons from Amazon.   I just had a return for Amazon.  I processed the return through the system, printed the shipping label ($0 cost), packed the items up nicely, and took them to a UPS Store late THIS morning.

By early afternoon I got an email from them that the credit has been processed.  They haven't even gotten it yet!

I do VERY little returning.  If these items hadn't turned out to cause me more trouble than good, and it was a fair amount of money, I would not have probably had a return but I'm glad that in the very scarcity of a refund for me that they get right on it.

Anyway, as to QVC - one thing I did learn a while back was to really watch the credit because often they have been known to charge you the $6.95 for the return label EVEN if you don't use it and paid for the return shipping out of  pocket.

GOOD THING you were paying attention and caugh it!  Smiley Happy

Occasional Contributor

I have learned lessons with returning items to QVC. Originally, I would use the Q return label and the package would take up to 3 weeks to get to them, then another week to process the credit. Now, if I need to send back anything, I pay the postage myself and do not send it to the address on the Q Return Label. I called CS and got the actual return warehouse address. I track the package myself via USPS and it usually takes about 3 days (I am on the West Coast). When it arrives there, I call CS and they process the credit. If I didn't keep track and do it this way, I would be giving the Q extra money with the return shipping fees and it would take a month to get the credit back from them.

Yes, it is not right that customers have to stay on top of their returns like this and there are other companies out there that have way better return processes. But, there are also worse companies in this area, including my bank, that then takes another 5 days to credit my refund back to my account. 

Honored Contributor

@Krissyken wrote:

I have learned lessons with returning items to QVC. Originally, I would use the Q return label and the package would take up to 3 weeks to get to them, then another week to process the credit. Now, if I need to send back anything, I pay the postage myself and do not send it to the address on the Q Return Label. I called CS and got the actual return warehouse address. I track the package myself via USPS and it usually takes about 3 days (I am on the West Coast). When it arrives there, I call CS and they process the credit. If I didn't keep track and do it this way, I would be giving the Q extra money with the return shipping fees and it would take a month to get the credit back from them.

Yes, it is not right that customers have to stay on top of their returns like this and there are other companies out there that have way better return processes. But, there are also worse companies in this area, including my bank, that then takes another 5 days to credit my refund back to my account. 

That address is given on the statement that comes with your order.  No need to call CS.

New Contributor

I just had the same thing happen. So frustrated with Q. I would never use one of their expensive return labels unless the item I was returning was heavy. I had printed my own label for $2.45, the return was processed and I was charged the $6.95 I would've paid if I had used their label. I called Customer Service and was told "mistakes happen". Wow, underwhelmed.

Honored Contributor

Always insure!!!

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Frequent Contributor

I will add to your post that I have had the same thing happen to me. I actually will be calling them again as I received damaged merchandise and was not credited for the shipping. I have also had them deduct their label when I paid for my own shipping. This repeated problem is aggravating - none of us should have to constantly be checking to make sure they are doing their jobs correctly.

Respected Contributor

When I pay the return postage, I remove the Q return label/bar code off the back of the package slip. But I will definitely check my  return amounts.

Trusted Contributor

This is the same reason I have quit using easy pay.  I don't trust QVC in many areas, and billing is one.  Folks, watch them like a hawk!