Esteemed Contributor

Re: Watch Your Returns Carefully!

KYToby - It is quite an assumption on your part to make the statement "although I do not returns scores of packages on a daily basis as some posters apparently do."  I have been purchasing from QVC since the 1980s when it was CVN and in all those years I have returned only a handful of items and that has only been in the past few years.  I try to purchase carefully.  There is no basis for you to make this statement.  And the additional funds certainly benefit the Q.  

Honored Contributor

Biftu wroteL

There is no basis for you to make this statement.  

Nor his statement that most people use the return label.

Honored Contributor

YES!!!  WATCH YOUR RETURNS CAREFULLY IS RIGHT!

I do not return a lot but have CONTINUALLY found errors in amount refunded.

Several times I have had the return label in MY HAND....but they deducted!

A couple of times they deducted for returning late...WHEN I RETURNED IN LESS THAN A WEEK!

While customer service is always apologetic and corrects the problem, we as customers should expect a level of accuracy by their employees!  We should NOT have to dog each transaction!  PLEASE TRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER.

I just had to call for a correction.  I returned a defective handbag.

I clearly wrote defect and reason on the return slip

I ALSO wrote a large note and STAPLED it to the return slip so it wouldn't be missed.

I even marked the defect with masking tape.

They deducted the $6.95 label fee in error...and another 84 cents for some unknown reason!  Even the C/S couldn't figure out why a stray 84 cents was deducted!

Sadly, we must do their job for them....or lose out of our own pocket.

Honored Contributor

I can't even begin to count the time I've wasted on the phone "dogging them" (well put @RespectLife ) to bet the correct amount refunded after the errors.  This should not happen!    And for those who do not check carefully, QVC is making a bundle of $$$$ wrongfully.

Honored Contributor

We don't know how often these mistakes happen because only those who have had the mistake happen in favor of QVC are the ones posting to complain about it.  All those who return and have their credits done correctly aren't posting about it.

Also, those posting on this board are a very small number of overall QVC shoppers. So we don't know from all the shoppers how often this is happening to them as well.

It has personally never happened to me with QVC. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

We don't know how often these mistakes happen because only those who have had the mistake happen in favor of QVC are the ones posting to complain about it.  All those who return and have their credits done correctly aren't posting about it.

Also, those posting on this board are a very small number of overall QVC shoppers. So we don't know from all the shoppers how often this is happening to them as well.

It has personally never happened to me with QVC. 

It has happened many, many times to me! That alone tells me - esp. since I've notified them many times and they'v supposedly sent an email to "corporate" - that it's happening way too much.  

Respected Contributor

I always figure out my return amount prior to sending, remove the parcel post thing that QVC provides and keep my receipt.  I alway always return by USPS Priority Mail. Package is checked in at QVC within 2 days. It does not cost me any more.  I get my refunds faster also.  QVC's return shipping labels are very convenient, but the package is sent back Parcel Post.  The tracking number does not always work.  I feel I do not have control of my returns this way with their label. I am sure others would disagree with me.

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I always figure out my return amount prior to sending, remove the parcel post thing that QVC provides and keep my receipt.  I alway always return by USPS Priority Mail. Package is checked in at QVC within 2 days. It does not cost me any more.  I get my refunds faster also.  QVC's return shipping labels are very convenient, but the package is sent back Parcel Post.  The tracking number does not always work.  I feel I do not have control of my returns this way with their label. I am sure others would disagree with me.

I always pay on my own unless it is defective.

However, last month I returned something I didn't like.  Paid Priority mail...$9...and it took 25 days for USPS to get it there!  It just disappeared after being scanned at the large postal center.  No info at all.  POOF!

I called, put in a claim to trace it...no one at the USPS cared at all!  They told me "QVC must have it and someone forgot to scan it it".  QVC said they didn't have it and I would have to prove it...which USPS couldn't prove.  Thank goodness it finally arrived!

At least with their Pony Express Slow Poke label...the minute it is scanned in at the Post office...you are assured you will get your credit and you don't have to buy additonal insurance.

New Contributor

I had to phone this morning as I did not receive my full refund.  Normally the phone reps at QVC are nice but this one's tone of voice was almost yelling "I will give you a refund but I don't believe you".  I asked for a supervisor.

This happens  ONLY when  it is the financial favor of QVC.   Accidents happen but how could they scan something that wasn't there.  I used my own packaging and sent it priority mail and had the priority receipt and tracking number.

This THEFT  plain and simple. 

Honored Contributor

@laxxmom wrote:

I had to phone this morning as I did not receive my full refund.  Normally the phone reps at QVC are nice but this one's tone of voice was almost yelling "I will give you a refund but I don't believe you".  I asked for a supervisor.

This happens  ONLY when  it is the financial favor of QVC.   Accidents happen but how could they scan something that wasn't there.  I used my own packaging and sent it priority mail and had the priority receipt and tracking number.

This THEFT  plain and simple. 

Exactly.   

And you should have said to the rep to check the return tracking on the QVC label from your order info - there would be none!