Respected Contributor

So you would buy if they showed an empty box. We can't show you the food as it would go to waste. I know I would not buy anything that way.

Honored Contributor

As other have already asked, what would be your suggestion on how they can sell food items?

Honored Contributor

Re: Wasted food

[ Edited ]

My DH commented to me last nite during the food show that it is a crime to see such a ton of food going to waste, He asked me what they do with it,I said I had no idea. 

Valued Contributor

This must be destroying happy dance. You can actually see him drooling over all that food

Super Contributor

@Weldon_72   I'm in agreement with you....Everytime I see all the food they are handling to shove it under the table and/or to discard it, is a disgrace. I think they should put only a "few samples" on the table to work with....not a whole table full of food.   

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Weldon_72  Do you really think there are not people waiting in the wings to eat that food? Believe me, it will not go to waste.

@PA Mom-mom I don't think anyone is eating the food now. Ever since QVC revised the rules on hosts eating the food they present, no way are they giving it to the staff after if has been sitting out in the open with the hosts touching and talking over it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom  I would take that food home and nuke it in a heatbeat!  I'm sure the employees have a chance to take it and reheat it. They just can't tell the public. BBQ and Mac and Cheese are not going to kill you if they sit out for a few hours. Egg salad, not so much.

ETA: Do you remember Mary D's "Seagulls?" They were the crew waiting to try the food.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texas Gray Wolf wrote:

@Weldon_72   I'm in agreement with you....Everytime I see all the food they are handling to shove it under the table and/or to discard it, is a disgrace. I think they should put only a "few samples" on the table to work with....not a whole table full of food.   

@Texas Gray Wolf 

Like they do at Costco?  🤔

Or better yet, would you eat the food that has been sitting under hot studio lights for who knows how long?

Honored Contributor

I agree that it's way too much food that's wasted.

I'm all for showing the food however the Vendor wants it shown.

However, is it necessary to show like 50 hot dogs in buns, all the fixings and on and on with the entire table filled with food?

I once asked Mary Beth about all of the wasted food (must have been on facebook) it was a few years ago and she or someone for her posted that the food has been sitting under hot lights for long periods of time.  

She said it isn't worth eating.  This was before the Virus.  She did say it's clearly labeled the food they can eat on air.  Again, before the Virus.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@DJs mom  I would take that food home and nuke it in a heatbeat!  I'm sure the employees have a chance to take it and reheat it. They just can't tell the public. BBQ and Mac and Cheese are not going to kill you if they sit out for a few hours. Egg salad, not so much.

ETA: Do you remember Mary D's "Seagulls?" They were the crew waiting to try the food.

@PA Mom-mom 

But maybe Covid will.  ☠️

Are you eating at buffets these days? 🤔