Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wasn't there an all day garden thing just last week?

[ Edited ]

It is Spring in Florida.  We are already in the 80's and everyone is planting stuff already, so even if the East Coast has snow, it is Spring here.   :0)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is nothing new.  Every spring, QVC and every other retailer who sells garden supplies pushes their wares for us to buy.

It is a time when people do buy garden things because they will need them for the upcoming season.  It makes perfect sense to me.  They have to make hay while the sun is shining as the saying goes.

Even though there is 24 hours of programming, I really don’t think it is prudent to watch QVC your whole waking hours.

Many people work different shifts, so QVC presents the same items over and over hopping to catch the most viewers.

QVC is in business to make money.  They are not there to entertain you, though if they do, you might view longer. The longer you view, the more likely you are to make an impulse buy.

I have always said that Shopping Channels are not shows, though many people don’t agree.  They do presentations, not shows.  They are a reality catalog and nothing more.  Who would browse through catalogs all day, every day?

Honored Contributor

Get use to it... they will milk it for all it's worth just like Christmas, CIJ and anything else that is overblown and nauseating  over kill.

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm going to buy garden stuff,I'm going brick and mortar. I can see the plants,take them back easily,not paying shipping.   No, I wouldn't bother with Q for garden things. I guess they must sell since they show it so often. Not for me. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

I, for one do not garden at all.  But I have no problem when there are garden days, I save $ and have more free time!

To those who do love the garden days, more power to you!!  I enjoy the flowers you take the time to plant!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Super Contributor

I love the garden shows.

Even though I won't be purchasing from QVC, I like to watch to get ideas for my own yard.

I used to buy a lot from Cottage Farms, but now just buy locally. 

I prefer to see in person what I am paying for.

Respected Contributor

All day garden stuff is just as bad as all day kitchen stuff and all day every day for months on end of Christmas stuff...

Respected Contributor

If you're not interested in the all-day "theme" shows--that's your day off!

Honored Contributor

I enjoy the garden shows - they're a welcome change from clothing, jewelry, and beauty products.  I don't watch all day, so all-day programming doesn't bother me. (But, even if I did, it wouldn't!)

Respected Contributor

I think it's been a marathon!! Seems like the last 3 days, everytime I flipped to see what's on, there is some type of flowers/garden shows. ENOUGH!