Trusted Contributor

@RubyLover wrote:

I wish QVC didn't assume everyone owns a dish washer because everyone does not and those of us who don't would like to know how to wash things with out one.

Thank you.

They don't. They're just letting those with dishwashers know it's safe to put an item in one if they don't want to wash it by hand.

Respected Contributor

I had a dishwasher growing up but I still had to learn how to wash dishes. Glasses first, flatware, coffee cups  etc.and last pots and pans. There was a specific process.  There was a post awhile back and yes, people posted who hand wash especially ,if a small household. Some families are paper plate users as well. When CA. had a water shortage I had relatives using paper products. They rarely ever ran their dishwashers. I love mine ,even though single. 

Valued Contributor

You don't run the dishwasher after using a dish or after a meal @Desertdi. Fill the dishwasher with flatware, glasses, plates, bowls, pots/pans, etc, and run it when it is full.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not sure I understand your post. 

You don't know how to wash dishes?  

Did you possibly mean, instructions for washing clothes, different fabrics, etc.?

I can't imagine an adult, not knowing how to wash dishes.

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

You don't run the dishwasher after using a dish or after a meal @Desertdi. Fill the dishwasher with flatware, glasses, plates, bowls, pots/pans, etc, and run it when it is full.

@Xivambala    What I am trying to say is:   I lost everything in the Quake of '94.    I never replaced my kitchen stuff, since my husband is deceased, and I have NO NEED for kitchen items any more.   I entertain my friends at a restaurant, and I only have a few kitchen items, since I mostly eat deli-prepared items....   Basically, when I retired, I also quit cooking.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Xivambala wrote:

@Xivambala    What I am trying to say is:   I lost everything in the Quake of '94.    I never replaced my kitchen stuff, since my husband is deceased, and I have NO NEED for kitchen items any more.   I entertain my friends at a restaurant, and I only have a few kitchen items, since I mostly eat deli-prepared items....   Basically, when I retired, I also quit cooking.  di

@Desertdi: Got it, understand.

Honored Contributor

THE original post does not make sense to me.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

I had a dishwasher growing up but I still had to learn how to wash dishes. Glasses first, flatware, coffee cups  etc.and last pots and pans. There was a specific process.  There was a post awhile back and yes, people posted who hand wash especially ,if a small household. Some families are paper plate users as well. When CA. had a water shortage I had relatives using paper products. They rarely ever ran their dishwashers. I love mine ,even though single. 

@Gorgf  That process is if you use a dishpan to wash the dishes. It keeps the water cleaner doing the less dirty first. If you wash under running water with no dishpan order of washing doesn't matter.