Contributor

Was that Iko the model this morning ?

I have not seen her in sometime now and saw her this morning. Does anyone know where she has been ? She does look different, beautiful as always but different. I almost did not recognize until  they mentioned her name. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Was that Iko the model this morning ?

Yes that was Iko. I took offense when Kirsten Lundquist said "I'm sorry,  I dont know your name" and she said "Iko".  Shouldn't the hosts know the models by name ? It would be like a co-worker at the office not knowing who they are working with. I was taken aback by Kirsten's lack of preparation.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it was Aiko.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

Yes that was Iko. I took offense when Kirsten Lundquist said "I'm sorry,  I dont know your name" and she said "Iko".  Shouldn't the hosts know the models by name ? It would be like a co-worker at the office not knowing who they are working with. I was taken aback by Kirsten's lack of preparation.

Not really, if they have never worked with them before.  Carolyn Gracie asked the question to another model.  Kerstin Lindquist's job is to know the product she's selling.  It was polite that she inquired about Aiko's name.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@Reeverwrote:

Not really, if they have never worked with them before.  Carolyn Gracie asked the question to another model.  Kerstin Lindquist's job is to know the product she's selling.  It was polite that she inquired about Aiko's name.

I guess I consider it common courtesy to know the names of your co-workers. Even a company the size of QVC, I would take time to get to know people I am working on set with. Aiko was has been there many years, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Kirsten say "I'm sorry, I don't know your name"

Respected Contributor

@Jafette I read a very interesting article on Iko, several yrs ago. She became very ill for a time & I believe that was the reason for her absence. I don't want to say what all the article said, it's been a long time & I don't want to mis-inform you. I believe the article might have been in the Insider, but can't even remember for sure. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reeverwrote:

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@Reeverwrote:

I guess I consider it common courtesy to know the names of your co-workers. Even a company the size of QVC, I would take time to get to know people I am working on set with. Aiko was has been there many years, I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Kirsten say "I'm sorry, I don't know your name"

The fact of the matter of the is that Aiko has been away QVC for a few years and I think you were looking pretty deep to say something negative about a host.  Reaching even.  What about Carolyn?  Are you taken aback by her?

Contributor

Thank you, that is what I thought, because she looks different. Sometimes our bodies show signs of illness and I that was the first thing that came to mind. However I'm glad she is back and hope she continues to model. 

Honored Contributor

@TX-starlightwrote:

@Jafette I read a very interesting article on Iko, several yrs ago. She became very ill for a time & I believe that was the reason for her absence. I don't want to say what all the article said, it's been a long time & I don't want to mis-inform you. I believe the article might have been in the Insider, but can't even remember for sure. 

@TX-starlight

are you sure you are not thinking of the model trina clark? she had  severe health issues due to toxic mold exposure.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@qbetzforrealwrote:

@Reeverwrote:

Yes, I have heard Carolyn ask a model her name on D&C a few times.