Trusted Contributor

Re: Was Shawn K. being rude?

I have a right to my opinion and a right to have had the reaction I had when I saw this take place. Although you mention that backstage hands and hosts have a close relationship and a back and forth banter, which I am sure they do, what Shawn did would normally appear rather odd and peculiar to a viewer watching. These community boards become fodder for meanness and personal attacks, which are disappointing and ugly.

If the majority of people think that I am making too much of this, I will accept that. But I also accept and trust my reaction and instinct about what I witness. As a host and public persona, I feel that Shawn has choices about the way in which she behaves and should make better ones.

Trusted Contributor

S K can't sell me anything. When she's presenting, I go to another channel. Pronto. "Fake it till you make it.". She has no credibility whatsoever. I saw her on the old Martha Stewart Apprentice, did not like her then.
Respected Contributor

Hello, gigy. Smile

I didn't see what happened between Shawn and one of the backstage crew. Did Shawn say anything to the person (sometimes the host will whisper a quick thank you in the ear of the crew and then the crew member hurries off stage) or did Shawn just take the note and push the person off the stage?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

How come that bowl of popcorn never goes down?

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 baker said:

I didn't notice the scene you mention, but I think we can look forward to all the dubious antics of the newly appointed PMS diva.

Don't understand why there is always a "diva". Big mistake. They should showcase more than one person. Now it seems Shawn is on every night.

Honored Contributor

A quick thank you or even a joke about the mishap and moving on would be appropriate and professional. Best to make light of the small mistakes that we all make....and focus on the goal. Not really news worthy. If someone was truly "pushed", that might be a different matter.

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/17/2015 TrailBlazer05 said: Yes you are reading wayyyyy too much into something that totally was not there. I saw the same exchange and Shawn was NOT being rude at all! It is VERY obvious some people simply do not get Shawn's lighthearted humor!! It's ridiculous how people look for things to nab Shawn with these days.

I tend to agree... I suspect that like any other situation involving any of us, those who know her personally know when she's being rude and when she's just being Shawn...

They go hand in hand with Shawn. She seems to be getting a bit too big for her britches.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Trusted Contributor

On 3/17/2015 NC Bandwagon said:

Hello, gigy. Smile

I didn't see what happened between Shawn and one of the backstage crew. Did Shawn say anything to the person (sometimes the host will whisper a quick thank you in the ear of the crew and then the crew member hurries off stage) or did Shawn just take the note and push the person off the stage?

No Shawn did not say anything to the backstage hand, just pushed her off with a very abrupt quick gesture which appeared rather harsh to me. That has been my point, had she made a joke of it or said something to her, I would not be asking about it or mentioning it here on the board.

Esteemed Contributor

I just made myself a bowl of popcorn ... boy, is it good!!! lol OP .... let it go .. you saw one thing and others saw something else ... obviously you do not like Shawn and you are allowed to have your opinion but, you are making a big thing out of nothing..... simple solution is don't watch the show if Shawn is the host .... I happen to be a big fan of Shawn and enjoy her style and personality.
Trusted Contributor

On 3/17/2015 January121 said: I just made myself a bowl of popcorn ... boy, is it good!!! lol OP .... let it go .. you saw one thing and others saw something else ... obviously you do not like Shawn and you are allowed to have your opinion but, you are making a big thing out of nothing..... simple solution is don't watch the show if Shawn is the host .... I happen to be a big fan of Shawn and enjoy her style and personality.

One more time….up until just yesterday, I had nothing against Shawn, in fact I liked her quite a lot. I am only calling her out on something which I was shocked to see. So put it to rest. This is not a person bashing post, it is about an action on camera that was upsetting and confusing to me.