Esteemed Contributor

If you already own a Amazon Echo, and you are watching the new one on QVC, I advise you to shut off the one in your house.  Especially if you have the Buddy list on it. 

I was watching one night and they were demonstrating  the ask my buddy list and I was in the bathroom at 4 am.  My Alexa heard the TV and contacted all 5 of my contacts.  LOL  at 4 am?????   

At least I know the feature works well   Woman Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

@BalletBabe

This is why I changed her name to Echo. Too many commercials & news stories where they call out “Alexa” and she responds.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tribesters  Oh thanks for this!  I didn't know I could change her name.  Great idea!   

Honored Contributor

You can turn the volume off on the Echo you already have, till the TSV day is over if you are watching all presentations. No need to change the name, unless you really want to change it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

You can turn the volume off on the Echo you already have, till the TSV day is over if you are watching all presentations. No need to change the name, unless you really want to change it.

@Caaareful Shopper  I did that this morning because when they asked her to play a song my volumn was up full blast and it scared me to death.  LOLOLOLOL.   Lately I have QVC on all day as I am getting my shopping done.  Sometimes when she goes off it is funny.   I heard enough of Garth brooks---How about some pitbull dance music?

Respected Contributor

Re: Warning --- Amazon Echo

[ Edited ]

The product is a bad idea. Google Amazon echo security issues. Is a toy worth it? It's always listening, and so are others.

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper  I did that this morning because when they asked her to play a song my volumn was up full blast and it scared me to death.  LOLOLOLOL.   Lately I have QVC on all day as I am getting my shopping done.  Sometimes when she goes off it is funny.   I heard enough of Garth brooks---How about some pitbull dance music?

Smiley Very Happy Funny @BalletBabe ! 😂 

Esteemed Contributor

LibbyAnnE wrote:

The product is a bad idea. Google Amazon echo security issues. Is a toy worth it? It's always listening, and so are others.

@libbyannE  Be honest I have to say yes.  I have 2 of the original ones and 2 dots and one Tap.   Nothing that exciting is going on in my house anyway.  I have two laptops a desktop a ipad and a iphone.  It is a electronic world we live in, and I for one love it.  You can always unplug it when not in use if your that worried.  I personally love mine on because since I live alone , if I fall I can get help in any room I am in.  I also love the music, and recipes, and the grocery list, and many more things.  Now if I was in the Mafia, I might not want one on all the time  LOL

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@ LibbyAnnE wrote:

@libbyannE  Be honest I have to say yes.  I have 2 of the original ones and 2 dots and one Tap.   Nothing that exciting is going on in my house anyway.  I have two laptops a desktop a ipad and a iphone.  It is a electronic world we live in, and I for one love it.  You can always unplug it when not in use if your that worried.  I personally love mine on because since I live alone , if I fall I can get help in any room I am in.  I also love the music, and recipes, and the grocery list, and many more things.  Now if I was in the Mafia, I might not want one on all the time  LOL

@BalletBabe

Hi. Chuckling about your Mafia line! Tx for taking time to educate me about how one uses this. More than a toy!

Esteemed Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@ LibbyAnnE wrote:

@BalletBabe

Hi. Chuckling about your Mafia line! Tx for taking time to educate me about how one uses this. More than a toy!

@libbyannE   My Grandson is going through this question box stage.   He drives me nuts, so I am going to teach him to play 20 questions with Alexa and she can drive him crazy asking him a million questions.   LOL