Honored Contributor

Get used to QVC's overkill.  If something is selling well, that may be what we'll mostly see until trends jump onto the next bandwagon.  

As for prices, you can do better elsewhere.  

Honored Contributor

The Q is using the pandemic to its full advantage.  The whole staying home, being comfortable, casual dressing, comfortable living, hunkering down for the winter, seeing no one thing is their focus this holiday season.

I'm thinking they are attempting to be subtle about it, but in reality it is blaringly obvious.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon 

Your right, unless they are selling something you would wear to go out, then they change their tune and say you will feel better when you dress up!

Trusted Contributor
Why can't anyone give their opinion here without a certain poster being snippy to her and others??? She has taken over this subject and I'm tired of her crankiness! I wouldn't have addressed her comments. I would have totally ignored her except for the poster giving prices she found at Dillards. Geeezz Louise!!
Respected Contributor

The Q is using the pandemic to its full advantage.  The whole staying home, being comfortable, casual dressing, comfortable living, hunkering down for the winter, seeing no one thing is their focus this holiday season.

Oh for pity's sake! Just about anyone who sells anything is trying to adjust their merchandise to their advantage because of the pandemic. If you're going to rag on QVC, rag on Amazon, department stores, catalogue sellers, etc.

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

Oh for pity's sake! Just about anyone who sells anything is trying to adjust their merchandise to their advantage because of the pandemic. If you're going to rag on QVC, rag on Amazon, department stores, catalogue sellers, etc.

Excuse me?  I'm not ragging.  When I rag you will know it. 

Respected Contributor

Excuse me?  I'm not ragging.  When I rag you will know it. 

You mean THAT wasn't ragging? Wow, I'm glad I don't have to be "un-ragged" on by you!

Esteemed Contributor

I go overboard on "warm and cozy" every winter, so I really don't mind that the shopping channels are showing a lot of it.   I won't buy any of it, but they can show it.   I have enough "warm and cozy" stuff to get me by for years to come.  I agree that QVC prices are going up (isn't everyone's?).   They know they have a captive audience right now.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

It makes me smile, to see QVC, or any retailer,  criticized, for finding ways to sell stuff! 

They're a retailer, their reason for existing, is selling stuff. 

If retailers don't sell, they don't stay in business.  When businesses fail, especially giant corporations, like QVC, the trickle down hurts us all.