Honored Contributor

Want your Q shipment expedited? Cancel it.

It is happening again.  I frequently put two different items on waitlist hoping that one will ship.  Then I cancel the other one.  I did this last week with two paperclip link bracelets.  At least seven days have passed and I get notice this morning that the cancelled item is shipping.  Shoddy computer pogramming or deliberate decision to hunt out cancelled items and ship them?  Will I change my practice with waitlist?  I doubt it.  This seems to be the only way I can get certain in demand items.

Valued Contributor

Re: Want your Q shipment expedited? Cancel it.

@depglass wrote:

It is happening again.  I frequently put two different items on waitlist hoping that one will ship.  Then I cancel the other one.  I did this last week with two paperclip link bracelets.  At least seven days have passed and I get notice this morning that the cancelled item is shipping.  Shoddy computer pogramming or deliberate decision to hunt out cancelled items and ship them?  Will I change my practice with waitlist?  I doubt it.  This seems to be the only way I can get certain in demand items.

You are very clever

Honored Contributor

that is so maddening and kind of weird-----love that you have a system---I decided after so much hassel with ordering and shipping from the Q , that I won't be ordering anything--from anyone but AMZ-----they are seeming to have things in order altho who knows for how long------Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a questionable buying practice.  If you don't want to be charged and inconvenienced by sending items back, quit doing it.  It's not QVC's fault.  You know anytime you cancel an order, you're taking a chance it's too far along and will ship. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sounds like a questionable buying practice.  If you don't want to be charged and inconvenienced by sending items back, quit doing it.  It's not QVC's fault.  You know anytime you cancel an order, you're taking a chance it's too far along and will ship. 

Where have you been. I have missed your expertise input even though I only agree with you 50% of the time it is always good to get a second thought.

Valued Contributor

That's never happened when I've cancelled an order. Then I've never made 2 separate orders of the same waitlisted item. 

In my experience, the only things that I could cancel were on waitlist. The who-knows-when items that are in process  or preparing your order  couldn't be cancelled. One exception was a Sun Joe yard tool that was in "in process" nearly a whole month. That, they let me cancel (called CS). But have never been shipped a cancelled item.   

Might try this with my next waitlisted thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

@depglass You may be on to something, but this may just be a jewelry.  I purchased a few pieces on the most recent gold day, I bought early, and decided to cancel an expensive gold chain.  They told me it was too late it was already in process.  I got it the next day.  The other pieces I ordered arrived much later, some just as expensive.  Odd.

Esteemed Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Where have you been. I have missed your expertise input even though I only agree with you 50% of the time it is always good to get a second thought.

@MrSour  She is over on pro boards with the rest of us.  It is fun you should try it

Esteemed Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

that is so maddening and kind of weird-----love that you have a system---I decided after so much hassel with ordering and shipping from the Q , that I won't be ordering anything--from anyone but AMZ-----they are seeming to have things in order altho who knows for how long------Woman Embarassed

@wagirl  Ordered something today but I am done also.  I ordered something from Prime on Wed. and had it 1 hr later.  

Contributor

It has only been recently that I began to have any problems getting orders from QVC. But the last time this happened they at least had the decency to send me an email to let me know the order had been delayed. I ended up getting it in 14 days rather than 10. But on Monday I ordered a blouse while the program was on. It said the item was in stock (then again so did the previous order) but they gave me an expected delivery date. I checked my order mid-week and it said it was "in process". That's okay. I still hadn't heard anything from them so i checked today and to my surprise I see "item backordered". Tht is just freakin annoying. When were they going to let me know? I understand all the shippinng issues going on right now, but don't confirm an order and then later not even bother to tell you that it is now on back order. I cancelled the ordered and it said the order was cancelled.  I hate to say it but i think I've reached my limit with QVC. Not letting your customer know what is going on is inexcusable.