Frequent Contributor

Waitlist item becomes available by changing sizes and changing back again?

Someone please explain to me how this happened:  I had a cardigan on waitlist, but decided to change from size S to XS.  Made the change, and voila  -- all of a sudden the item was available.   OK, that makes sense.  But I immediately decided to change my mind and edited my selection back to size S, expecting to be back on the waitlist.  But no -- my item is now in process. It is the size I originally wanted that has been on waitlist until just before I changed the size.

It makes me think I could do that with other items on waitlist -- change to a size that is available, then change back to the size I want, and it will be available all of a sudden?
I hope I wrote this in a way that made sense, and that someone out there can make sense of what happened.

Contributor

Re: Waitlist item becomes available by changing sizes and changing back again?

Could it be because a bunch of people had it in their carts and then didn't buy so they went back into the pool?

Honored Contributor

@janesilver.  Don't count your chickens before they hatch.  You may not get it at all as it may revert to sold out with wait list no longer available.   It's like Russian Roulette.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624  That's funny, but how did it happen that it is all of a sudden available, just a computer glitch?  I mean they have it all set up like it's being processed.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Makeda2    But the size that was on waitlist became available right after I edited sizes. It's been on waitlist for about a week.  I'm confused.   But that's OK.  I'm going to get my cardigan (I think).  Tried it with another one on waitlist, but couldn't do it, because the color isn't even available at all in any size when I try to edit.

I hope I wrote this in a way that makes sense!

Respected Contributor

@janesilver  Heads up, if you change sizes, the price changes to the current price....at least it did for me, I ordered a jacket in one size, and then decided to change sizes, and later I noticed that the lunchtime special price was no longer listed, and the price was updated to the current price.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

Good luck ... I hope you get it ❤️🥰

Trusted Contributor

@janesilver , May I please add to your message?. I am having difficulty starting new message. Can anyone explain what "preparing order means?" Does this mean order is eventually wait listed or canceled? I am completely confused. Since it is to be a gift need to know. Of course, message received on order states cannot be canceled. I appreciate your help , Sincerely.

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@janesilver , May I please add to your message?. I am having difficulty starting new message. Can anyone explain what "preparing order means?" Does this mean order is eventually wait listed or canceled? I am completely confused. Since it is to be a gift need to know. Of course, message received on order states cannot be canceled. I appreciate your help , Sincerely.

@sligo 

I'm not sure if anyone answered you yet or not.

Preparing your order is a new message QVC just started using recently.

It is like step 1.

It should then change to order in Process (now step 2)...then shipped etc.

It does NOT necessarily mean you will be canceled, backordered or anything.

It simply means they have your order.  It is new.

Honored Contributor

I think someone returned one and they just processed it back into stock.  Don't change anything if you have a special price item on waitlist.  You will lose that price.