Honored Contributor

Re: Waiting, waiting, waiting

@MrSour wrote:

You sound so excited about free shipping.You can get free shipping everyday if you take a ride to the mall. Your wish items are available there.

Well, it isn't quite free w/ the high cost of gas these days when you live far from a major mall!

Very few things I have my eye on are available locally.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Just checked my wish list.

I had the Valerie egg wreath saved, item H218552, was 42.84 and now it is $47.00.

Won't be buying this that is for sure.

That really irritates me.

People get caught up in the free shippng frenzy, but how are you saving anything if they're marking items up...

Honored Contributor

Very true @Bri369 

You wouldn't be saving if the item goes up more than the cost of shipping.

$3.50, $5.50 or higher on handbags etc.

So far none of the items I want have gone up in price.  Knock on my wooden head.

I guess we just have to keep a watchful eye to see if it really is a savings or not.

Respected Contributor

I saw a promo on Q2 last night about watching for something special on Sunday. Did not say what it would be. Figured they would have some special deal for tax day, guess they decided on 14th instead. Only a couple things I might be interested in but agree about watching the prices.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The lovely Beth-QVC (moderator) just shared another hint that free shipping is coming soon, so I am now very hopeful that this time, the promo for "something big on Sunday" will be what we are waiting for. My Wish List is loaded and ready...  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I had  few items on a list waiting for free shipping.  In the meantime, I found a brand I like better and can buy it at another site with free shipping and even a discount at times.  Therefore, part of my list is already taken care of.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MrSour wrote:

You sound so excited about free shipping.You can get free shipping everyday if you take a ride to the mall. Your wish items are available there.

You can also get free shipping on a LOT of websites. I NEVER pay shipping on ANYTHING I buy on line. I'm SURE a LOT of peoples' wish list items can be found elsewhere with FREE shipping.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@MrSour wrote:

Well, it isn't quite free w/ the high cost of gas these days when you live far from a major mall!

Very few things I have my eye on are available locally.

You don't have to go to a mall. A LOT of items sold by QVC can be found in on line stores that offer free shipping.

Respected Contributor

I read the title of this post and thought it must surely be about slow shipping.  I ordered some Radley bags since the prices have been cut, but they have been in "process" for a week and just shipped today.  It will be about 10 days between order day and  day I receive them.  Lordy, QVC must be setting records for slow shipping.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Do we know there is Free Shipping this Sunday for sure??

QVC never usually gives advanced notice!!

How do we know this?

@RespectLife 

WHAAAAAAAAT?! Ohhhhhhh, I I sure hope they include AK & HI, but I know it’s wishful thinking. They never include us.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.