Honored Contributor

WTG Kim Gravel!!!

[ Edited ]

There has been feedback from customers regarding how the models are being styled.....Well it looks like we aren't the only ones that feel this way.....A Kim Gravel top was being presented and the host confirmed the model was wearing a size large and Kim commented that "Gina (the model) should be in the medium, she was just keeping it real" And Kim was right, even the viewers could see that the top was too big for the model....So now we have proof that the viewers are not the only ones that feel that the stylists are putting the wrong sized clothes on the models!!!  YEAH! KIM!!!!  Maybe QVC should pay attention to what viewers and also a respected Vendor are saying about clothes sizing and the stylist...........

It's item  A452147 and its at the 3:51 mark on the video....https://www.qvc.com/Belle-by-Kim-Gravel-Striped-Heathered-Sweatshirt.product.A452147.html?sc=IROA

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I saw a model raise her shirt awhile ago and her jeans were all bunched up at her waist.  Very unusual to see a model in pants that are too big.  Usually they're sausage casing tight. 

Honestly though, I can only imagine how hard it must be to always have the models and clothes present that always match sizes.  There's probably a trick to it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I purchased that top in marsala. I stuck with my normal size -- hoping it's not too big. Love the look! 

Honored Contributor

Re: WTG Kim Gravel!!!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I saw a model raise her shirt awhile ago and her jeans were all bunched up at her waist.  Very unusual to see a model in pants that are too big.  Usually they're sausage casing tight. 

Honestly though, I can only imagine how hard it must be to always have the models and clothes present that always match sizes.  There's probably a trick to it. 

@Kachina624 

I know that the pandemic has caused some difficulty getting samples, but this thing with the stylists started years and years ago, I remember Bob Mackie complaining about it too.. .... JMHO if they are able to always find the appropriate size for petite models to wear in the shows then they should be able to coordinate and get the proper size for other models as well...........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

What was strange is that Kim said she had on a large and there was no comparison to the large the model had on.

Trusted Contributor

I noticed that too. Looked much shorter on Kim. That's why I stuck to my normal size.  We'll see! 

Honored Contributor

If I were a model here or on any other shopping channel, there is no way I'd be putting on clothes that are not my size.  How and why does this happen especially here on this channel. 

It doesn't seem to matter what size, how big or small, how tall or short, MANY of these women as well the hosts they do not put on their correct size. 

Many times many of them just look awful. Most times it's all the pants whatever the style may be.

Do they not look at themselves in the full length mirror before walking out on stage? Don't tell me they don't check themselves at home before going out - we all do this. 

Don't know about you but when I put on something that doesn't feel right, nor look good, It won't be hanging in my closet. Too big is just sloppy, too tight and small, leave it on the rack, it's not your size AND you do not look good.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  I've read it's the stylist (can't remember his name)who dresses them. He believes the smaller sizes are best. I think he needs glasses.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD  I've read it's the stylist (can't remember his name)who dresses them. He believes the smaller sizes are best. I think he needs glasses.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Angelo?

Trusted Contributor

There are a few plus size models who continuosly wear clothes like sausages and it is a real turn off.   The lean models and hosts can get away with it, although it isn't the best look because they do not have big stomachs, and fat oozing out of every crevice. I am being real, I am not a skinny person but would never be caught dead in clothing that was too tight on me.  I am calling it like it is folks.