Honored Contributor

WOW. How Hard is it For The Host to Figure Out

[ Edited ]

One pair of jeans in TWO colors.  So difficult.  Boggles my mind.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WOW. How Hard is it For The Host to Figure Out

Didn't watch the  show that you are referring to, however your topic question can be applied to the Host in the Simply Stunning CIJ show .  After the Host announced the  garland  came in 5 ft  lengths, The  same Host asked Jeanine Graff ,  how  would we know how much garland to buy for our mantle or staircase ?

Well,  anyone hear abt  utilizing a measuring tape to know how many 5ft  garlands they will need to decorate 

Trusted Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954  lol I thought the same thing! One pair was definitely lighter than the other which was much darker. IDK, maybe there was something on her card that threw her.

Trusted Contributor

Many things "boggle the mind" shopping here.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

what about all the time spent preparing the show????

perhaps there was a mix up somewhere but shouldn't happen

Honored Contributor

If only hosts were perfect in a perfect world.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

One of the aspects of hosting any of these shos is that from hour to hour and day to day way too many details change for almost anyone to hold onto without an intensely great memory.  In addition, it's not just the host and not just the producer who touch things and move them around. 

For about 10 years of my teaching career, I regularly shared a classroom with one or even two other teachers.  One year I had to show up in 4 different rooms a day, most years fortunately in just 2 or 3. Some years I worked from a rolling cart because I had even no desk of my own.

That experience added a whole major stress to a job that already had lots of moving parts --  and probably makes me more empathetic with the hosts than I most likely would be if I hadn't lived through it. 

Esteemed Contributor

If it was CK, and the jeans. She was confused. she said there are a lot of color choices, so I'll just let the rep (don't know her name) tell you. The rep said there are two choices. 

Esteemed Contributor

Having seen the presentation,  it appeared to me that more than 2 colors were listed on the host's card while only 2 on the rack caused the confusion. 

That's the distinct impression I was given from this very uneventful non-event.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

If only hosts were perfect in a perfect world.

@Imaoldhippie @millieshops 

I dont think its too much to ask for a host to be competent in the job they are getting paid for, its called show preparation..Too many dont seem to do their prep work and know the products in the show and apparently do not attend the Production Meetings some of the hosts talk about.....Would you go to an incompetent chef at a restaurant, or a car mechanic, financial investor or computer repair place, or be satisified with an incompetent nurse or doctor???--"they are only perfect in a perfect world"...that just doesnt resonate with me..it shows the host's lack of preparation for their job ..🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”