Super Contributor

WOW $27 and change for shipping and handling. . .This is on Earth Tennis shoe

I placed an order for the Earth Desire Flow. . Love them!!!!!  But when I saw almost 30 bucks for shipping and handling. . .I said no go and cancelled.  Will find elsewhere.

A349691
Earth Knit Lace-Up Sneakers - Desire Flow /Light Blue, 9-1/2 Mediu
Honored Contributor

Re: WOW $27 and change for shipping and handling. . .This is on Earth Tennis shoe

WOW! Only $15.19 shipping for me. WHAT A BARGAIN! 😂🤣😂

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: WOW $27 and change for shipping and handling. . .This is on Earth Tennis shoe

My screen shows $9.47 for shipping and handling.  That's still a lot.

Honored Contributor

Shipping to where?  Mars or Venus?

Esteemed Contributor

Charge must be a mistake.  No way is that reasonable.

Honored Contributor

It appears to have been corrected.

Screenshot_20190209-122935.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

$120 for knit tennis shoes? whoa!  

Esteemed Contributor

Earth sneakers at $120 U.S. dollars? Sorry but Earth shoes just aren't that good that I would ever take a chance on their version of a sneaker. And certainly not at that price.

I would guess that the $120 price reflects those U.S. tariffs from shoes made in China that went into effect at the end of last summer cuz those shoes don't look like they are worth $120 U.S.

Esteemed Contributor

I want to add on that I bought a pair of Naturalizer mules on super clearance today at Hudson's Bay and they were made in Vietnam. So were the last pair of Naturalizer sandals that I bought about a month ago from Hudson's Bay as I checked those to see if they were also made there. I have a lot of older Naturalizer shoes made in China. I do think that the tariffs are certainly a deciding factor in where shoes get made now. I didn't notice that the full price of the mules or sandals reflected any cost savings whatsoever for the customer but maybe the prices would have been higher had they been made in China.

I could tell that the quality of those Naturalizer sandals made in Vietnam wasn't as good as other Naturalizer shoes I have as my feet would suction down to the leather footbeds and then "pass gas" as it were when I walked. I ended up googling how to fix the noise. I ended up putting 4 strips of Dr Scholl's moleskin on both sandals, 2 strips on each sandal on each side, the strips were about 3/4 of an inch by 4 inches long. That fixed the problem so my foot didn't stick to the footbed. A sueded footbed would have been better than a smooth leather one for that sandal.

Esteemed Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

WOW! Only $15.19 shipping for me. WHAT A BARGAIN! 😂🤣😂

@SurferWife   I haven't been watching much at all, but the little I have seen, the prices are going through the roof!   There are so many places that ship shoes for free both ways, why would anyone pay that?