Frequent Contributor

WIll you shop differently next year?

Meaning do it early? Not wait for the last minute and expect gifts to arrive on time? Or will you just totally shop elsewhere?

Respected Contributor

Re: WIll you shop differently next year?

I think everyone would do well to order online early, and not risk a late delivery.  (For any vendor, not just QVC.)   

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I would never shop at the last minute on the Internet...never have and never will.

I order Internet gifts no later than Thanksgiving week, and shop locally for a few small things and have my visa gift cards and cash in the sealed cards already to go around two weeks beforehand.

I always wrap gifts at the last minute...I get three big empty boxes for my grands and add things as I get them.  I usually wrap the boxes on Christmas Eve..one for each of them.

Valued Contributor

A big HECK YES to shopping early lol.....I always do, and for some reason this year I dropped the ball. I also suspect I ended up spending a lot more than intended, because I did not plan well. I didn't order any gifts online last minute though, instead I hit the brick stores for last minute purchases. 

I will shop early from QVC and other vendors and have it all in my possession by the time children are saying "trick or treat". Cat Very Happy

I loved Carmie's idea about the boxes. That is something I will use myself next year as well. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

i do shop early......

i do also shop at the last minute......

and all the time in between.

i still have packages due to arrive tomorrow.

everything that i ordered from qvc through the 17th of december has been delivered and wrapped. they did a great job with good delivery and tracking.

anything that DOESNT arrive tomorrow will have a photo printed out from online, put in a box or gift bag, and wrapped as a gift. i dont stress over stuff like that. it isnt worth it.

hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and a great 2020!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@aj1980 Since  I was in my 20's I've always shopped early. I can't imagine last minute shopping.

Honored Contributor

I won't change anything because I did 100% of my shopping online and it all worked out beautifully for me. Everything was in the house last week.    Of course, I did not wait until the last minute or even the last week.  I used my common sense and did not fall for any "guaranteed by Christmas" promises.  I started my Christmas shopping the week before Thanksgiving and I used 12/5 as my own cut off date.  I did buy a few "to me from me" gifts after that date and I got them all pretty quickly for all the retailers, not just QVC.  I ordered a Cheesecake on the spur of the moment from QVC and it did not come on Saturday, as expected but it come early this morning.  I would not have been upset if it came after Chistmas, that would have been my fault.  

New Contributor

I live in a rural setting and only go where stores are 2x a week, so it makes sense to buy future gifts when i see them. I have a wicker trunk i stow them in so theyre all together, and by Christmas i'm basically done!  I highly recommend it---

#no.stress.

Honored Contributor

Nope....took advantage of some great sales early and will do the same in years to come. My only regret might be not taking more advantage of those sales for myself, but I don't need a thing so it is a sweet regret.

Valued Contributor

I always start  Christmas  shopping in October, I am finish by November. This year I ordered a wallet for my son from I love Donney on Dec 13 as a last minute requst  from my son Also ordered for m  a Dooney shoulder bag. With express delivery I received it on Dec 17.

I also start putting  up christmas decorations the end of November with my collection of porcelain Christmas(7)trees and a collection of vintage nativity scenes. I keep it simple.

Then I sit back and see the Frenzy and stress of people trying to get gifts on time.Every year shopping networks promises guarantee deliveries. Sometimes the gifts are received on time but sometimes .......there are issues.

Today when to Tjmaxxx@ 7.00 a.m.for gifts for myself,no crowds bought a pair of Samuel  b. Lapis drop earring and a nice pair of pajamas. Finish😄