Respected Contributor

So what???????

Trusted Contributor

It's a sales appeal to the "mommy wine" culture, which is pervasive.  Not necessarily good.  It's not on every show.

Shawn seems to be the one who emphasizes it the most.

Honored Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

First of all, big deal.

Secondly, I've never seen them drink it.

If you are watching right now 5:56 pm Wednesday you would have seen Rachael just take a sip of wine.  

@luvmybeetle 

Ive seen David take a sip too on ITKWD when wine was the TSV.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

First of all, big deal.

If you are watching right now 5:56 pm Wednesday you would have seen Rachael just take a sip of wine.  

@luvmybeetle    Were they selling wine? That's the only time that I have seen the host "drink" wine. They take a small sip just enough to comment on it. The way some posters are going on about the wine you would think that the hosts are sitting around at 10:00 am guzzling bottles of wine. If they are not selling  wine I would bet that what people think is wine is either grape juice or apple juice. 

Nope, she was drinking it poured from the bottle and drank it not sipping.  And she drank from all 3 bottles.  Yes they were selling the wine but she drank more than a sip, on all the bottles.  I just think if they can't eat, why can they drink, and drink, and drink.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How does any one know what's in the bottles? Only those who sip or guzzle  it.

@Sage04 

If there's just grape juice that they are actually taking a sip of but its not the real wine and yet the hosts are commenting like it was the actual product, wouldn't that violate truth in advertising laws? ....asking for a friend 😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Even watching House Hunters, I can't tell you how much I hear them make comments, oh this would be a great porch to sit out  and have a glass of wine.....

I hear it so often, once in a while someone will say sit out and have a nice cup of coffee or tea, but  almost always wine is mentioned! I have nothing against Wine, I just wonder when it became so popular again!??

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Sage04 wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

First of all, big deal.

@luvmybeetle    Were they selling wine? That's the only time that I have seen the host "drink" wine. They take a small sip just enough to comment on it. The way some posters are going on about the wine you would think that the hosts are sitting around at 10:00 am guzzling bottles of wine. If they are not selling  wine I would bet that what people think is wine is either grape juice or apple juice. 

Nope, she was drinking it poured from the bottle and drank it not sipping.  And she drank from all 3 bottles.  Yes they were selling the wine but she drank more than a sip, on all the bottles.  I just think if they can't eat, why can they drink, and drink, and drink.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How does any one know what's in the bottles? Only those who sip or guzzle  it.

@Sage04 

If there's just grape juice that they are actually taking a sip of but its not the real wine and yet the hosts are commenting like it was the actual product, wouldn't that violate truth in advertising laws? ....asking for a friend 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it's left up to the viewers imagination. I can't see a Company taking responsibility if something happens to someone  while sipping wine. Maybe things have changed.

Honored Contributor

I could be imagining this, wasn't there a time, years ago, when folks couldn't drink alcohol on TV?

If so, maybe it's apple or grape juice?

Anyhow, it doesn't bother me at all.  I don't know why, though.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

I agree - do not like the hosts drinking during a presentation.  Please stop!!

Honored Contributor

So now we have two of these threads going on? All about holding glasses of wine and maybe an occasional sip here and there?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

My take on the wine drinking was that they are sipping and shopping with the customers at home.  If you're sitting home alone watching the Q and having a glass of wine, the hosts are there with you.  It is probably a sales ploy, but I'm sure it makes a lot of people at home feel some company.

Also, since QVC sells wine, it could be there to promote the wine.

As long as they're not chugging it, it doesn't bother me.  I'm sure they couldn't consume very much and do their job.