Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Well this was a first.   LOL, I think it's fine but I don't see them sipping the wine or refilling the glasses??!!   Obviously it's most likely just a prop as someone stated.  What's the harm in having a cocktail together?  I enjoy my wine, however, I do have a rule.........NO  

SUI..........(shopping under the influence).  

Agreed.  Never have seen a host take a sip.  Glasses are there as a prop.

Honored Contributor

The only time I saw a host take a sip of the wine was just this past Friday.  Amy popped in Courtney & Jane's show to present her latest diamonique collaboration ring.  Courtney & Jane had their usual red wine glasses, and Amy had white wine.  After one of the breaks, they did a split screen of all three of them.  Amy took a sip of her wine, but the other hosts did not, they still only held up their glasses.

I think Amy's sip was a mistake.  She doesn't usually have wine on her shows.  I don't think she was aware that they only use it as a prop. 

The only sipping occurs when they're selling it.  

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Well this was a first.   LOL, I think it's fine but I don't see them sipping the wine or refilling the glasses??!!   Obviously it's most likely just a prop as someone stated.  What's the harm in having a cocktail together?  I enjoy my wine, however, I do have a rule.........NO  

Wrong, they do drink the wine, and if you watch the food shows you will see it.  Especially when they sell the wines.  The hosts drink each choice.  

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@LindaSal wrote:

Wrong, they do drink the wine, and if you watch the food shows you will see it.  Especially when they sell the wines.  The hosts drink each choice.  

Marthat Stewart used to demand wine!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

First of all, big deal.

Secondly, I've never seen them drink it.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I saw Amy take a sip of her wine last week. She finished one show, said she had to use the restroom and when she returned for the 2nd show she drank some of the wine and commented how it was sweet, but good.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

First of all, big deal.

If you are watching right now 5:56 pm Wednesday you would have seen Rachael just take a sip of wine.  

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

First of all, big deal.

If you are watching right now 5:56 pm Wednesday you would have seen Rachael just take a sip of wine.  

@luvmybeetle    Were they selling wine? That's the only time that I have seen the host "drink" wine. They take a small sip just enough to comment on it. The way some posters are going on about the wine you would think that the hosts are sitting around at 10:00 am guzzling bottles of wine. If they are not selling  wine I would bet that what people think is wine is either grape juice or apple juice. 

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

First of all, big deal.

@luvmybeetle    Were they selling wine? That's the only time that I have seen the host "drink" wine. They take a small sip just enough to comment on it. The way some posters are going on about the wine you would think that the hosts are sitting around at 10:00 am guzzling bottles of wine. If they are not selling  wine I would bet that what people think is wine is either grape juice or apple juice. 

Nope, she was drinking it poured from the bottle and drank it not sipping.  And she drank from all 3 bottles.  Yes they were selling the wine but she drank more than a sip, on all the bottles.  I just think if they can't eat, why can they drink, and drink, and drink.

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

First of all, big deal.

Nope, she was drinking it poured from the bottle and drank it not sipping.  And she drank from all 3 bottles.  Yes they were selling the wine but she drank more than a sip, on all the bottles.  I just think if they can't eat, why can they drink, and drink, and drink.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

How does any one know what's in the bottles? Only those who sip or guzzle  it.