Respected Contributor
*shrug*. My girlfriends and I have a Zoom happy hour with a glass or two a wine. Tonight my best friend came over to watch a show we’ve been binging mostly separately and to share pizza and a bottle of wine.

Some of you are taking it way too seriously.
Esteemed Contributor

Well this was a first.   LOL, I think it's fine but I don't see them sipping the wine or refilling the glasses??!!   Obviously it's most likely just a prop as someone stated.  What's the harm in having a cocktail together?  I enjoy my wine, however, I do have a rule.........NO  

SUI..........(shopping under the influence).  

Esteemed Contributor

Well, the title of this thread certainly got my attention.  I'm kind of surprised at the responses.  (it's probably grape juice, folks)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

So they can drink wine but not munch on a fresh bag of popcorn out of the microwave?...makes no sense.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand why they can't eat but can drink wine on the set.  I guess I just don't watch enough to see the suggestion of drinking wine to be a problem.

I'm going out to dinner today with DH & DS and I bought a bottle of wine that we will share at a byob place.  I enjoy a glass of wine when out to dinner but I'm not the type who will drink a glass by myself at home alone.

Honored Contributor

They do push it a bit. Smoking is legal but everyone would have a fit if a host lit up.

Respected Contributor

I don't get the not eating of certain things but can drink anything they want.  I would think some things they could eat.  Wrapped candies or cookies or things like that.  Not that I enjoy watching  them eating but find it odd.  

I have wine when I get with my girlfriends and one bottle is only about 3 glasses of wine and with 3 or 6 friends doesn't go far.  Once a month or sometimes less.   Always have done this. 

I purchased wine from QVC  and gave it as Xmas gifts plus to have on hand for  the get togethers.  Told the girls you bring the snacks and the wine is on me.

Nothing wrong talking about wine and enjoying.  A person takes it to the level they want and that is on themselves.  They are a selling outfit at the Q.

Honored Contributor

Of course wine is shown to sell it.  It's all about product placement.  You see it in movies, on tv, and it does sell.

You see it, you want it.  Everything on a set is geared to make you want to buy.  Notice brands in movies?  Companies pay big bucks to get their product there.  See a box of cereal on the shelf on tv?  It is because the company paid a fee. 

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Reminds me of What's her name and Cathy Gifford.  Drunk before dawn.

Sounds like the title of their biographies Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

The hosts with their endless wine parties remind me of teenagers that have raided their parents liquor cabinet...they are just as giddy....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”