Super Contributor

WILL QVC BRING BACK CRAFTS???

Just wondering; with the acquisition of HSN; does anyone think that the Q will bring crafts back?????? .... I so miss Anna Griffin.. Yes, she's on HSN & I don't shop HSN much.. She's a beautiful, classy lady.. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WILL QVC BRING BACK CRAFTS???

I remember the crafted items sold on the Q before it was the Q.  Those were special things and Yankee made.  That was 34 years ago before the Q became ordinary ready to wear clothing and lines, and lines of shampoos and make-up. 

Crafts that you yourself can buy and make?  Who knows.  If it sells big time, they will bring it back.  Bottom line, profit.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

No, I don't think it fits with the mood and tone of the programming. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Probably not.    You can't buy a Chevy at a Cadillac dealer........even though they are both owned by General Motors....................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

I don't think so either...

Honored Contributor

DH just read in this morning's newspaper (yes he still loves to hold the paper and read it!!!)  that QVC is buying HSN stock for something like $2.3B. 

I sincerely hope that QVC will LEAVE ALONE HSN and all they have.  These channels could not be more different.  I so mucn more enjoy all HSN offers. 

Honored Contributor

If, as the reports tells us, Liberty plans to run QVC and HSN as separate entities, they might try designating one company or the other but not both for specialties like crafts.  Whatever they do, though, they won't be selling crafts to me.

Honored Contributor

I thoroughly enjoy the craft shows on HSN!  And they usually have some awesome deals.  And are always very generous relative to their shipping charges.  I no long miss the shows on QVC.  The better crafters have gone to HSN.  By the way, Tuesday, 7/11, is another ALL-DAY craft day on HSN!

Honored Contributor

@Krimpette Your post tells me 2 reasons Liberty might designate HSN as their crafts channel: one is that they already have enough buyers of crafts to run full-day offerings; the other is that some people (definitely me) don't even remember ever seeing a craft show on QVC, so there may not be a whole lot of nostalgia for their return.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops. I used to watch all the craft shows on QVC and would even schedule vacation days to watch them.  Their presentations were always very entertaining and informative.  However, I find that HSN does an acceptable job, even awesome in some ways, so I don't miss them at all on QVC.