Honored Contributor

Re: WHY THREADS ARE POOFED/MOVED

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I'd love it if the mods could list a reason why the thread was moved or poofed. It may help some of us learn the rules we may have forgotten.

@Shanus  Most of the time they do give a reason. When they don't,  I just assume they are extremely busy. Helping people with order issues if they are swamped is, IMO, more important than giving  reasons for deleting threads.

But they still found the time to delete the thread.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I'd love it if the mods could list a reason why the thread was moved or poofed. It may help some of us learn the rules we may have forgotten.

@Shanus  Most of the time they do give a reason. When they don't,  I just assume they are extremely busy. Helping people with order issues if they are swamped is, IMO, more important than giving  reasons for deleting threads.

@Judaline  Someone probably reported it. You don't seem very happy on these boards with all the rules. There are many other message boards with no rules at all if you look for them.

Honored Contributor

@JasoninBoston wrote:

I am so very grateful for the hard work of the site mods!

I don't feel an explanation is needed as it's usually been very clear to me as to why they have been removed!!!

@JasoninBoston Additionally, they've been very tolerant about the poster they continue to let post here whose threads about a former host they have to  keep removing for baiting, thus taking up their time. The mods are very savvy, I'm sure, and know a troll when they see one, so it is nice to see by your post that they are appreciated.

Respected Contributor

The forums are offered by the Q for social exchange and civil conversation. That said, I think we need to respect the Mods' decisions, since it has to be an added pain in the neck. 

I've been on forums where there was lax, or no moderation. Believe me, you wouldn't want to participate. It brings out the very worst you could expect from many individuals. I've even seen physical threats. 

Without moderation, forums don't survive. They will eventually be closed down. If we don't respect the TOS, it could happen here too. QVC has no obligation to provide forums. It's simply a bonus for us to enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Judaline  Oh come on. They have to do their job enforcing TOU, they don't need to explain it to you. Now you are just whining.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Judaline  Someone probably reported it. You don't seem very happy on these boards with all the rules. There are many other message boards with no rules at all if you look for them.

Gosh, I must be really naive. I thought I was happy. I guess when you say something about something that just doesn't sound right, you are tagged unhappy. Maybe I should go around and delete all of my unhappy posts. Or wait, maybe you could do that for me since you have been following my career. Prepare for boring. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Judaline  Oh come on. They have to do their job enforcing TOU, they don't need to explain it to you. Now you are just whining.

Just stating a fact. Pure and simple. You take things the wrong way.

Honored Contributor

this thread may be on its way to being poofed for being "argumentative." Smiley LOLWoman Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

this thread may be on its way to being poofed for being "argumentative." Smiley LOLWoman Wink

Bingo!

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45 - Or certainly for challenging moderator decisions.  Smiley Wink