Contributor

WHY IS EVERYTHING ADVANCED ORDER OR BACKORDER

I've ordered several on air items this week and EVERYTHING is either advance orders or backordered, waitlisted!  I have items "in process" for over a week or so Why are things being sold that are not in stock.  I I can understand plants 🪴 or season items but TSV, or new items should t be advanced orders! 
Easter eggs,  NYDJ, sandals, 

Honored Contributor

Re: WHY IS EVERYTHING ADVANCED ORDER OR BACKORDER

Obviously, things are expected but have not yet arrived.  We've kicked this question around for well over a year. Perhaps if you'd search "shipping issues", you'd find further inf.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Ruby Slippers   I have two beauty product auto-delivery orders that were supposed to ship last week, from two different brands, that are both back-ordered.  I have learned by correspondence with one of the brand's CS people that the North Carolina warehouse that burned down was the repository of much of that brand's inventory for QVC, and that's why that product is back-ordered.  There are probably lots of different reasons for this problem.  QVC schedules their product line-ups and TSV schedules far in advance, so sometimes, if the product is expected within a reasonable time-frame, they go ahead and do advanced sales, just to stay on schedule.  I expect  this disruption to product availability to continue for quite some time, perhaps another year or more, and QVC, just like every other retailer, has to roll with the punches.  The only alternative for us customers is to live with the situation or shop elsewhere. 

Honored Contributor

Why? There was a pandemic, tariffs were added to imports which changed purchasing power, and a whole host of shipping problems the last 3 years.

Super Contributor

@Kachina624  Do you always have to reply with snarky/condescending comments?  

Honored Contributor

Yes, we are all aware of the supply chain problems, etc., etc. but QVC should also be aware of them and not sell items that are not ready to be shipped immediately.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I have had enough of putting up with supply chain problems and the many other issues we keep hearing about when resolutions to the problems could begin today. 

Keep speaking up @Ruby Slippers.  We need much more of it.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee    Although I don't need anything right now, I would love to have all the supply chain problems and even worse around here I wish hiring skilled services was solved.  

What are your ideas for getting the QVC problems solved? 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@Foxxee    Although I don't need anything right now, I would love to have all the supply chain problems and even worse around here I wish hiring skilled services was solved.  

What are your ideas for getting the QVC problems solved? 

@millieshops 

I previously spoke about how some retailers are handling this situation successfully.

Anticipating this situation and compensating for it, they have been placing large orders far in advance rather than the "late arrival, sell-out - reorder, sell-out - reorder, sell-out - reorder syndrome" QVC has placed itself in. 

One thing I hope all manufacturers have learned,  either make products here or in countries closer to home.  Two other huge issues could be resolved by doing something today.  I can't discuss that here.  

Honored Contributor

@LovemesomeQ1979 wrote:

@Kachina624  Do you always have to reply with snarky/condescending comments?  

@LovemesomeQ1979    I'm sure you must be an expert so why don't you launch into a three column explanation for the OP?  Many of us are tired of repeating it for every johnny-come-lately who doesn't read or watch the news.  

I don't find my reply snarky or condescending at all.  If she's really interested, its not hard to find reasons herself.  Its hardly a new issue and has been highly publicized

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment