Esteemed Contributor

WHT DOES "WE ARE TRYING TO SAFELY SHIP MEAN

[ Edited ]

I notice this message is popping up everyhere on the Q.  I suspect it is because of the many complaints about shipping delays but what does Safely Ship mean exactly?

Honored Contributor

Re: WHT DOES "WE ARE TRYING TO SAFELY SHIP MEAN

@Teddixat  I shop on many, many different retail sites.  This statement is on all of the sites, in some wording or another.  It's not just QVC.

Warehouses are working under minimum employee capacity, so businesses can keep the majority of workers out of the buidings.

Also, work times are frequently interrupted so cleaning crews can come in multiple times a day to clean as best as possible before work can continue.  

Honored Contributor

One place I ordered from explained that their warehouse was short staffed because virus so that orders were taking longer to "pick and ship."  

My recent QVC order arrived 6 days after I placed the order.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I order from many companies and they all have some statement about shipping delays on their home pages.  QVC has been pretty good for the most part.  Most companies have reduced staff, so it's only reasonable shipping might take a little bit longer.  I would say if you can't wait, then don't order. 

Safely ship to me means we're trying our best to keep our employees healthy.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy alot from Amazon and they tell you when it will arrive. Even though some purchases took a week or more.....they never took longer, but many times they came a few days sooner.

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

I notice this message is popping up everyhere on the Q.  I suspect it is because of the many complaints about shipping delays but what does Safely Ship mean exactly?

IMO, It means there will be delays because Q and some of their vendors aren't open yet or are just half open or have a lot of employees furloughed or out.  They are telling customers because many aren't being patient during the pandemic.  

On the flip side, we've seen excuse after excuse for years about why shipping and returns are so slow.  I get that it's difficult to to believe Q now....just like the boy who cried wolf.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart. Best answer yet! I understand delays because of CV-19 but “safely ship” is a new expression. I have seen all the notices on other sites about delays - I get that - but safely ship is a new one.
Respected Contributor

What I don't understand is why this statement is showing up now  and not two months ago? I would think that the procedures would have been occurring to clean and sanitize months ago? I would think more people not all of course are returning to work?

We all expect delays but it is getting to be a month plus  with delays with in processing then warehouse and then shipping ? How many factions are delayed? It is Qs normal the past three years. All I heard was warehouse and then shipping routes changed. Months carried on to a year or more.  Now safety is the  new reason and that will be a given for the normal!

Yet some items show up in a week!I can well understand many shoppers have had it and tired of the excuses.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I noticed that.  I think maybe they are just trying to reassure people and it's the thing to do as probably many have voiced thoughts about what is being done, if anything new, regarding methods of processing and shipping.  Don't know - just speculating??

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Q’s problems pre date Covid-19. Changing the words gives them the opportunity to try and make customers feel warm and fuzzy—not. Ordered item on May 12 still has not shipped, people get tired of their excuses. Other places I shop online are not having these problems. A few days is acceptable but weeks, I don’t think so!