Honored Contributor

Re: WHO SPENDS $500.00 FOR A HAIR STRAIGHTENER?

@rms1954 wrote:

@pripirt wrote:

The dyson "Todays Special" was a hair straightener for $500.00.  I just bought

one for $22.00 and it works great.  I guess if people have money to throw away

so be it but I do believe that most of us are watching our money.  When I saw the

price I did a double take, couldn't believe my eyes.  Never really heard how many they

sold.

A person that wants it and can afford it.  If you feel it's throwing money away then save yours and buy what you want.  No one is judging you on your purchase.  Give others the same respect.

So true @rms1954 .  People place value on different things.  If I really needed a product to make things easier, I would gladly spend 500.   Why judge people on QVC what they spend money on?  It's rude.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sarahpanda wrote:

....and to think of all the hungry children in the world....nope, can't justify spending that kind of $ on a straightener...outragious.

So someone shouldn't purchase a $500 product on QVC because of hungry children in the world?  That doesn't make sense.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You know, this happens every time Dyson's presented or Side Stitch, jewelry shows or even NYDJ. Different strokes for different folks. What someone spends is really no one else's business.

Those that can afford these items, purchase them. If you can't afford it or think it's too expensive for an item, it's your choice not to buy it. 

It's snarky to put people down (or "up") for what they choose to purchase here or anywhere. 

Respected Contributor

@pripirt wrote:

The dyson "Todays Special" was a hair straightener for $500.00.  I just bought

one for $22.00 and it works great.  I guess if people have money to throw away

so be it but I do believe that most of us are watching our money.  When I saw the

price I did a double take, couldn't believe my eyes.  Never really heard how many they

sold.

You have absolutely no idea what other people's finances are or what they can afford, and it's not your business.

My hairstylist has a couple of Dyson hot tools. She loves them, and my hair looks fantastic when she uses them on me. Although she can legally claim them as a business expense, they've lasted her longer than any of the other "professional quality" tools that she has purchased, so in the long run, they're a better purchase. 

You spend your money as you please and let others do the same. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I have and love my Dyson vacuums. They have lasted far longer than any other vacuums I bought before.

However, I fell for the hype snd bought a Dyson hairdryer and it died after 2 years and I was not using it daily, so I will never buy another Dyson product that is not a vacuum. I had an $18 Panasonic hair dryer that lasted over 20 years and was used daily.
Esteemed Contributor

Why the demeaning comments about how people choose to spend their money when it's none of your business?  Do what you want with yours and I'll do the same. 

Esteemed Contributor

@pripirt wrote:

The dyson "Todays Special" was a hair straightener for $500.00.  I just bought one for $22.00 and it works great.  I guess if people have money to throw away so be it but I do believe that most of us are watching our money.  When I saw the price I did a double take, couldn't believe my eyes.  Never really heard how many they

sold.

I suppose this can be said about almost any item sold by QVC.  But in the grand scheme of things, QVC can afford anything it wants at any price point and there will be takers.

People buy what they want regardless of the price.  It is a personal choice.  Of course, there's always a similar item for cheaper cost.  But, again it's personal choice.

Respected Contributor

I commented about this also.no,I can't imagine ppl with money even spending this kind of money for a hair tool.i guess to each his own

Respected Contributor

@pripirtSimple answer:  Anyone who wants to.  None of your business.  Find a better way to occupy yourself.

Respected Contributor

Well.......my hair is straight as a stick so I would never even consider a straightener, at any price.  

But if there were an appliance that could truly give me some curl and lift and body that would last the whole day I would spend $500 in a heartbeat!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward