Respected Contributor

Re: WHO SAID Q ISN'T FUN ANYMORE?

I think I understand much better now how my baby boomer, Woodstock generation shook our parents’ depression, WWII worldview to its core. My children and younger generations do things their way and say the same thing we said...”that was your generation, not ours...times have changed.” And I am left sputtering, “what’s right never changes” just like my parents did. Just some late night/early morning musings about life in general.

At any rate, regardless of her marital status, I wish Josie the best.

Respected Contributor

So where's the fun? An older woman finally getting married?

Respected Contributor

Josie Maran is one of the very few vendors that I will watch even though I might not be buying. She appears to be a very upbeat happy person. I am not interested in her private life, as it is none of my business, I know once you put yourself out there you Are open to lots of speculation. That is why PR people exist. 

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

strange that there are sites and articles where they say josie was married to ali.

Visit Maran in her element at her Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, farm—where she lives when she’s not at the Hollywood Hills home she shares with her husband and business partner, Ali Alborzi—and let the surroundings paint a picture: from the patch of earth next to a pond that serves as her East Coast office to the honeysuckle bush that marks the site where she gave birth to her now-two-year-old daughter, Indi. (Maran and Alborzi’s elder daughter, seven-year-old Rumi, was born under a West Coast jasmine tree.)

http://www.lonny.com/mag/dr4bkok327x/September+2014/QERncH1pNZr/Free+Bird

wishing her love and laughter with her new love.

Thank for posting this article! 

What a lovely look at her home and family!!

Esteemed Contributor

Some people that make comments like an old woman getting married etc.  I found watching her yesterday, was so much fun. She was just beaming. I thought when Mary Beth told her to respect him, and she will get respect back, was so so sweet!   Kind of made me tear up.  Then when her Fiance' came on,  was also so sweet.  Josie is far from an old woman. She is young ,beautiful, and successful. She seems to be a very sweet person in and out.  I wish her years of happiness. 

Q is not a vatiety show.   It does have it's fun moments.  Sorry some of you can only find fault in everything Q does.  I guess they cannot please everyone.  They are a shopping channel, not the Ed Sullivan show.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If she says she's never been married I certainly believe her.  Wikipedia even says she was married though.  I found several articles referring to her husband and two children.

I can't believe someone in this thread referred to her as an old woman!  She's far from being an old woman.  I consider her young and beautiful.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Josie herself addressed this in her TSV midnight show saying she has never been married. She, like several women I know, refer to long-time partners as their husbands. If you google it, you will find articles where she states that they felt married even if there was no civil ceremony, and she referred to the father of her children as her husband. We live in an informal world, even when it comes to marriage, and people use terms as they feel apply to them which may not fit the legal or traditional definition.

Thats ridiclous

you don't "indentify" as being married one day and not the next

Either someone is your husband or they are not Its pretty basic -no matter how informal the world has become.

So is she marrying the man she wasn't really married to finally or is this a new person?

Honored Contributor

@JobGirl- She is marrying a different person - not the father of her children.

Valued Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@JobGirl- She is marrying a different person - not the father of her children.

So what is she going to call this guy?

No really THIS guy is my husband -I just was pretending before

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sorry never thought it was fun to hear the same discovery story. Thats what Beauty IQ should be used for.................

type in josie maran models and see some of her photos under images....."sweet" is not exactly the adjective Id connect with those photos

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”