Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHERE IS THE TSV SAVINGS?

@groomsMy DIL bought the same cover at JCP for less money. She also found them at Target. Both places had an array of color choices. Check around first!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

@BirkiLady

Thanks for the information....I already have a tan one for my recliner but I liked the green because  it goes with my carpet so I got caught up in the hype....really didn't need another but unfortunatelyt it will cost too much to return with their label or by USP

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

The Today's Special Values have never had  significant discounts.

If you don't expect them, it's easier to cope with.

Yes.  And how can you blame the retailer if you don't do your research on pricing?  I get the idea that a QVC TSV is nothing more than a sales technique that sets the tone for the day.  Nothing wrong with that, and sometimes I am fine with the price.  There are plenty of places to shop, so it's really not a big deal.

Trusted Contributor

With the outrageous shipping QVC has, I don't want to risk returns.  That's why I don't bother with the TSVs much any longer.  I prefer to risk the $2-$5 you save on a TSV, and wait for reviews.  By the poor reviews in the Surefit TSV, I did the right thing.  I will find others with better reviews.

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

"Where is the TSV savings" ?????????

Over at HSN.....lol.

See the source image

PERFECT!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

Not only is the price not that great, but the products are not usually the top-of-the-line item they present it to be.

When they say we bought all the inventory that usually means the manufacturer can't sell the stuff and something new & better is on the horizon.  

I don't blame QVC, they can do what they want.    I do my homework -- I usually don't buy.

@software So true! This is something I have learned over the years to watch for! I fell for the hype once, only to see a new and improved, less money item a month later! Buying all tthe mfg has is just code word for the Q getting a deal on a close-out and making more money on selling to the customers for high profits. Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

exactly right @KingstonsMom. there is not much "special" about the TSV value.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can remember when long ago a TSV actually was something special. The product was special; the price was good; and customers actually got excited. 

What was offered was not the same old, same old. It was something the vendor made sure they brought something new and special. They didn't offer same old stuff with l0-l5% knocked off. Wave good-bye to that.

The Lunchtime special was something I thought would be interesting and a real value buy. After awhile, I just gave up. It looked like items the Q wanted to get rid of for a small percentage off. 

Now the Q offers customers THREE channels. What an opportunity for them and the customer. What do we have. Very few shows and mostly just repeats from the Q. 

And Beauty IQ? Just the usual from the Q, which is usually the offering from the main channel. 

It's apparent, the plan wasn't to offer new and interesting shows. The plan was not to improve anything. It was just to show the same products more and more and more, with more channels. 

It is what it is. I've accepted it all but have been disappointed with the Q's ingenuity, initiative and creativeness. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

@software wrote:

Not only is the price not that great, but the products are not usually the top-of-the-line item they present it to be.

When they say we bought all the inventory that usually means the manufacturer can't sell the stuff and something new & better is on the horizon.  

I don't blame QVC, they can do what they want.    I do my homework -- I usually don't buy.

@software So true! This is something I have learned over the years to watch for! I fell for the hype once, only to see a new and improved, less money item a month later! Buying all tthe mfg has is just code word for the Q getting a deal on a close-out and making more money on selling to the customers for high profits. Woman Frustrated

Something else I've noticed.   If QVC takes a product that has been presented previously but now is a TSV, they will either remove the reviews OR give the TSV a different item number, with no reviews.    What are they afraid of?