Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHERE IS THE TSV SAVINGS?

Seriously, when there are sales and clearance prices and I mean REAL ONES, not just $5-10 off, the best place is HSN.

I just purchased two sets of Serena Williams velvet jog sets on fashion clearance day in the black and the pink. They are GORGEOUS and well made.  And, the regular HSN price was $79.90 (worth every penny), but I got them on clearance for $29.95.  NOW THAT'S A SALE.  Hey QVC....party over at HSN, lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

The pricing on the TSV's have been that way for awhile now, just a couple of $$'s cheaper than the 'regular' price.

That's why I don't buy the TSVs anymore, I wait for reviews to come in, because the return charges are more than the couple of bucks you save at the TSV price.

@KingstonsMom Isn’t that the truth!

eta: the earlier comment on the quality issues with garment TSVs made in the tens of thousands is also true. I have received some tops with seaming problems as well as sizing issues for multiples of the same size garment.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

Seriously, when there are sales and clearance prices and I mean REAL ONES, not just $5-10 off, the best place is HSN.

I just purchased two sets of Serena Williams velvet jog sets on fashion clearance day in the black and the pink. They are GORGEOUS and well made.  And, the regular HSN price was $79.90 (worth every penny), but I got them on clearance for $29.95.  NOW THAT'S A SALE.  Hey QVC....party over at HSN, lol.

@shell garden

Really cute!

Since QVC's parent company, Liberty Media, bought HSN for 2.1B, I guess QVC still benefits from HSN purchases.

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/2017/12/29/qvc-parent-liberty-interactive-completes-2-1b-dea...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom....thank you, these sets really are beautiful as well as comfortable.

Yep, I saw that about the takeover, but why can't QVC offer just as good as HSN on all sales/clearance.  Just can't figure that one out, oh well.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden

I SO agree with you!

If HSN and QVC are now owned by the same parent company, why can't QVC offer great sales and coupons like HSN does?

I really don't get it either.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

Haven’t bought a TSV in a long time. They just aren’t special ——— and haven’t been for awhile.

Honored Contributor

A $2 savings isn't much.
Honored Contributor

Not only is the price not that great, but the products are not usually the top-of-the-line item they present it to be.

When they say we bought all the inventory that usually means the manufacturer can't sell the stuff and something new & better is on the horizon.  

I don't blame QVC, they can do what they want.    I do my homework -- I usually don't buy.

Respected Contributor

The Today's Special Values have never had  significant discounts.

If you don't expect them, it's easier to cope with.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

The pricing on the TSV's have been that way for awhile now, just a couple of $$'s cheaper than the 'regular' price.

That's why I don't buy the TSVs anymore, I wait for reviews to come in, because the return charges are more than the couple of bucks you save at the TSV price.

Same here, @KingstonsMom. I figure I can wait and pay the few dollars extra if I decide I do want it. 

They offer very few TSV's that one thinks it's a real value. OTOH, the Q presents the TSV hours on hours, sells some in the 70 thousand and l00,000, presenting it as something very special. I think a TSV should be at a bare minimum at least 20% to 30% off. I would even suggest more, but...like THAT would ever happen.