Contributor

WHEN IS THE NEXT FREE SHIPPING DAY? DOES ANYONE KNOW??

I bought a lot of Holiday gifts during the Black Friday event. Yet, I just added up the s/h from Deceber and Ouch! My wish list is now 50 items long waiting for the next time. Any ideas????

Valued Contributor

Re: WHEN IS THE NEXT FREE SHIPPING DAY? DOES ANYONE KNOW??

QVC is not going to pre advertise free shipping. They will not going to get any business as everyone will wait until there is free shipping to make any purchases. I was never one that believed in free shipping as my experience was that they only raised the price of the item to cover the cost of the free shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

I believe in Free Shipping. 

There are several things I am interested in but will only purchase if there is Free Shipping. 

If the price rises, I won't purchase (and this has never happened to me.)

If the item is out of stock,  oh well.  They aren't necessities. 

So waiting for a Free Shipping event may be worthwhile. 

Honored Contributor

In November and December QVC had more Free Shipping days in a 2-month period than I think I have ever seen.  Most of those days were indeed hinted on the QVC Facebook group, so they were not a surprise to many.  I haven't seen any posted hints for January. 

4th Qtr. sales are crucial for all retailers, especially in this sales climate.  But now in the New Year, it may be a long while before we see the next free shipping.  As always, I jump on it only if my wish list items didn't go up in price.  My 4Th Qtr free shipping purchases were very, very good to me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, I have to agree with @Caaareful Shopper—there were a lot of free shipping events in the final weeks of 2021, and with the Rocky Mount facility not likely to be available to support shipping for awhile, it seems unwise for the Q to offer its customers free shipping in the near future.

(But I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong!)

Honored Contributor

I'd like to add that none of the items I purchased had gone up in price on free shipping day.  The price remained the same and free shipping was added.

I'm also waiting on free shipping.

Super Contributor

I am at the point now where I only shop on free shipping days. Rarely, I do I buy on impulse any longer. If something piques my interest, I add to my wishlist. 

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Respected Contributor

Probably 80% of my orders last year were purchased on free shipping days or free shipping events.  (Black Friday event, many items for weeks were free, Beekman events, etc).  

I’ve not experienced higher prices when it was a free shipping day (on my purchases).

I’ll be buying less this year, just stuff I want but don’t need.  Trying to bring in less.  The decluttering thread brought light to a lot of that feeling.