Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT THE HECK IS THIS NOW

I have always had to log in to place an order.  I wouldn't buy anything from a website that didn't require my user id and a password.  I have seen the new ordering page and don't understand what all the uproar is over.

Honored Contributor

I would not consider ordering from a site that did not require me to sign in with a password before placing EVERY order.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

I don't know why, but this post reminded me of the movie Fargo in the scene where some guy, and his wife are buying a car from William H Macy.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

And if they didn't require your email and password and you got hacked, then you'd be angry.  EVERY site i use requires this information.  People really need to stop being lazy or get a personal shopper to shop for them since they seem to be getting so stressed out over it.

Honored Contributor

@grooms wrote:

@Pook

They wanted my email address and my password and don't know what else because I signed out of it and tried again only to have the same experience so I'm not going through all this "junk" to order. 

@grooms. So you're mad at QVC because you forgot your password?

It's standard procedure everywhere to enter a password before accessing an order-placing function.  Would you want someone to place an order on your account without verifying their identity?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't understand why anyone would become so angry about typing in their password. It's added protection against possible hacking. At least, that's the way I look at it. Better to be safe than sorry, I say.

Valued Contributor

Maybe I’m missing what happened to you. It is 1000% safer to have to log in before placing any online order from anywhere.

If you don’t have to log in anyone could steal your laptop, desktop, cell phone or tablet and order whatever they wanted and ship it wherever they wanted.
Respected Contributor

Before online stuff became popular you had to get your bottom up off the couch and get your clothes on and get in your car to drive to the store and buy your things.  I feel so sorry that you have to use your fingers more than normal to order your purchases.  I am grateful to punch in my password, as I know that's safe to order.

Esteemed Contributor

Just how lazy have we become when it is too much "work" to type in an email address and password?

Oh, the horrors!

Oh, the humanity!!!!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

I think the new method of ordering may be a security measure.  If you lost your phone or tablet someone could pick it up and start ordering without having to sign in.  I know there are additional security issues such as where the order is being sent.  If it's not going to the address on the account that's probably a red flag.  However, it could be a "gift" obviously with a different address.  I don't know!  I just hope the Q has our billing info protected!