Super Contributor

WHAT HAPPENED TO HOST'S BLOGS ?????

I looked under meet the hosts, and the blogs are all over a year old!!

They used to blog all the time, now there is none??

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT HAPPENED TO HOST'S BLOGS ?????

Hosts post almost daily on FB and Instagram.  QVC wants them to have a robust social media presence to draw more customers there.  They do blogs, videos, and short posts all the time.  No more Forum Blogs.

I'm surprised the most recent was just over 1 year old .  I would have guessed at least 2 or 3 years.

Esteemed Contributor

Rather than talk incessantly about their personal life, I much prefer for hosts to post their family stories, family vacations, family events on social media.  That is really where such personal info belongs...

Highlighted
Super Contributor

QVC is trying to be relevant to younger generations who rely on Instagram and Snapchat and aren't into Facebook or blogs. I am in my 50's and I can see how QVC has catered to the older crowd and that they need to change things up. Young people, saddled with college debt, still spend a lot of money on makeup and beauty items but aren't into collecting home decor.  They also aren't into watching tv so getting attention via social media is where QVC needs to go.  As more of QVC's elderly buyers pass away, they need to appeal to new buyers, and the only way to do that is reach them where they are at.

Valued Contributor

I don't know about that. With all the crazies in the world I would think they would be quite concerned about exposing their personal life and family on social media. They deserve to have a private existence.

Esteemed Contributor

@corita wrote:

Rather than talk incessantly about their personal life, I much prefer for hosts to post their family stories, family vacations, family events on social media.  That is really where such personal info belongs...

@corita Exactly.  That way, if we are not interested in their personal lives (and I am not) we don't have to hear about it when we are considering spending our hard earned cash on something they are presenting (or supposed to be presenting).

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I used to enjoy reading the blogs as well.....they were not over the top like some of the ****** I read from the Hollywood types...the selfies, oversharing their life and thoughts...I really do not care what they think, or how they look.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@corita wrote:

@corita Exactly.  That way, if we are not interested in their personal lives (and I am not) we don't have to hear about it when we are considering spending our hard earned cash on something they are presenting (or supposed to be presenting).

-----------------------

I am not interested in their personal lives either. I am sure they are all decent, loving, upstanding people. 

But I don't consider them friends or neighbors or family. They are simply put...sales people!  I feel the same way about my cashier at WalMart or my aisle helper at Home Depot!!