Respected Contributor

WEN Suit is Being Covered ON NBC Nightly News

FYI.  Tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN Suit is Being Covered ON NBC Nightly News

Nice looking cat avatar.

WEN now has deep pockets.  Whenever that happens, law suits will follow.  Some gals have complained that they had adverse reactions.  Well, when that happens, don't use the product.  We are given common sense for free. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw that.  The report did mention at the end that BOTH sides are in negotiations for a settlement.

If this goes to trial, Chaz reputation & business will be in ruins even if he wins.  He'll have to start over or retire from the hair cleaness business because of financial ruin to pay off the lawyers & possible civil suits. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I don't see how QVC can continue to carry WEN products!  WHO WANTS TO RUN THE RISK OF ANY HAIR LOSS?   Not me!

Honored Contributor

What kind of hair loss have people experienced?  Complete and total?  Or gradual?  If the latter, why wouldn't they just stop using it?  It's not like WEN's the only thing out there.

Honored Contributor

@sarahpandaWell, there have been millions and millions of repeat buyers with only 200 complainers in this suit -  and so far they haven't proved anything, but certainly if you're a person who has experienced skin allergies I can see why you wouldn't want to start with WEN until details are made public. 

Respected Contributor

Just saw the report. Of course WEN says there is no scientific evidence their products cause hair loss and they say that there are many reasons for hair loss unrelated to WEN.  The pictures of women with hair loss were pretty stunning.  The report said WEN is working towards a settlement.  Boy, if that kind of hair loss happened to me i would not want money, i would want the product taken off the market. I would imagine that the Consumer Product Safety Commission and the Federal Trade Commission may become involved.  

i have read the responses and some are saying just stop using the product well i would agree if you knew that was why your hair was falling out  I have been using wen for years and just removed it all from my bathroom i will not destroy it even though i have taken pictures of the four gallons and smaller sizes. i have been loosing my hair for a year it has been a slow process but noticeable i thought it was an age thing but when i saw the news i put two and two together so maybe it is common sence to some but to others maybe not so much

Honored Contributor

Interesting article about the situatution. I was a bit surprised by some of the ingredients... I'm not a user and will continue not to be.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/11/200-woman-sue-wen-hair-care.html?source=TDB&via=FB_...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...

I just saw the report a little while ago. 200 people? Wen has a customer base of over a million. So we're talking about 0.02% with an adverse reaction at the most. Not trying to minimize the trauma of hair loss, but if it's happening for goodness sakes, switch products.

I've been using Wen successfully for 10 years, but prior to that I tried any number of products. Some worked, some didn't. I had bad reactions to some products immediately and some over a period of time. Bottom line, once I figured out it didn't work for me, I stopped using it. Never occurred to me to sue anybody. It's not rocket science!