Trusted Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

Just in case I joined the new board and i joined the FB we love qvc page.  The FB page is definitely not a substitute for this forum.  It has no organization.  Within days of joining my notifications were flooded with posts from that page.  I had to turn it off, it was FB litter to me.  I choose to check out QVC items.  I do not want to be inundated with posts that have no interest for me.  SO QVC DECISION MAKERS that page is just litter to me.  For you it may be a data mine, and that may be your point.  But it is not a community and it is not a substitute for this forum.

You do know you can turn the notifications off right?

Trusted Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

I think everyone should be happy as QVC will keep your identity private more so than FB or the other site everybody is talking about.

@MrSour I think you need to do some research because you are sadly misinformed. 

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

@PatriciaG ....to answer your question....I do think they heard a large amount of messages regarding the forums.  I give QVC credit for keeping the forums "live" as they said.  Maybe they felt everyone and their 5th cousin was linked into Facebook so what did it matter.  Well, they quickly found out.....not so!  I have no intentions of being part of Facebook and feel QVC should keep these forums open.  If they "evolve" and decide it can't go on, I think they will notify us as they did this time.  IF NOT, WOW....the door to QVC will slam shut for many.....fast! 

Honored Contributor

@MrSour wrote:

I think everyone should be happy as QVC will keep your identity private more so than FB or the other site everybody is talking about.

@MrSour 

Too bad there is no penalty for Spreading Misinformation here.

The Q Friends Forum has NO private information about me, nor does it require it from anyone.  Give a moments thought 💭 as to what QVC has.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@MrSour wrote:

@MrSour 

The Q Friends Forum has NO private information about me, nor does it require it from anyone.  Give a moments thought 💭 as to what QVC has.

QVC has your real name, your address , what you buy. Etc. This forum is operated by the same people. DA

Esteemed Contributor

I think it will be gone in the New Year

Respected Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

@Shawnie wrote:

Just in case I joined the new board and i joined the FB we love qvc page.  The FB page is definitely not a substitute for this forum.  It has no organization.  Within days of joining my notifications were flooded with posts from that page.  I had to turn it off, it was FB litter to me.  I choose to check out QVC items.  I do not want to be inundated with posts that have no interest for me.  SO QVC DECISION MAKERS that page is just litter to me.  For you it may be a data mine, and that may be your point.  But it is not a community and it is not a substitute for this forum.

You do know you can turn the notifications off right?

I do now.  But without organization, and no notifications it is useless to me if that makes sense.  I had no idea how many people were actually posting until i was flooded with notifications.  But i now need to either demote the comments altogether or leave the group because about every fourth post on my feed is from that group.  It is crazy.  

Valued Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@MrSour wrote:

@MrSour 

DA and your credit card #

Frequent Contributor

Let me just say this...I think QVC would be getting rid of a goldmine of information. They would be losing insight to the way their customers think and feel if they did away with these forums. To lose that personal feel, which cannot be replicated on Facebook - by any stretch of the imagination - is just wishing thinking. Companies thrive on data and analysis.  Forums are real-time, thoughtful insights to serious customers.  These boards keep me hooked to QVC with an emotional connection; the same connection that the sales team strive to present on TV.  They go hand-in-hand and are a unique value to the customer.  I hope they can understand that keeping the forum going would be beneficial.  I truly enjoy them and learn something new every time I visit.