Honored Contributor

Is anyone else having problems watching videos of merchandise. I started yesterday getting a message that I needed to update Flash. I did it (twice) and I am still getting the same message. First problem I have ever had with this.

Occasional Contributor
The option to watch videos is no longer available in the app on my iPad. I can watch videos fine on .com. What's happened to videos on the app???
Contributor

I have noticed the same thing happening.

I just wrote email to customer service........please do the same, if enough of us make the request maybe they will fix it.

I also have a problem with "items recently aired" on my tablet when I access qvc through the browser.

Maybe someone will answer my observation.

Super Contributor

me too…it cuts out, stops, or just blacks out with no sound. i thought it was my old iPad.

Honored Contributor
On 2/19/2015 DiAnne said:

Is anyone else having problems watching videos of merchandise. I started yesterday getting a message that I needed to update Flash. I did it (twice) and I am still getting the same message. First problem I have ever had with this.

DiAnne,

I'm sorry you're having problems. I have a Mac, iPad and iPhone, and I can view the videos with no problem.

In general, it's important for everyone to have all software versions up-to-date (operating system, browsers, etc.).

Specific to Flash, there have been critical security updates to Adobe Flash Player, so it's important for everyone to update.

Take a look at this 2/6/14 thread:

If you haven't updated your Adobe Flash Player version, your PC is open to critical exploits

or

go to the Adobe Flash Player Help page (scroll to the bottom of that page and click on your specific operating system to read about installation problems):

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

~~~~~~

Important: Always download Adobe Flash Player directly from their website. Do NOT install/update from pop-ups.

This is the link: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

hthSmile

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 PMS 24-7 said:

me too…it cuts out, stops, or just blacks out with no sound. i thought it was my old iPad.

I just tried a few videos on my iPad using Safari (I don't use the app -- I'll try downloading it later and see how it works) and I can view them with no problems.

Be sure you have the current iOS version (8.1.3). Also, on a regular basis go to Settings-->Safari and tap on "Clear History and Website Data."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Occasional Contributor
Running iOS current version. Clearing website and history data didn't work. Videos working fine on .com, just entirely missing the product demonstration/video window from the app. An unsatisfactory option from the app is to add the item to cart, once it's there click on it and the item comes up like on .com, then select photos or video. Just be sure to delete from your cart if you don't want to purchase. Like I said, very cumbersome way to view videos on the app. Wish QVC tech support would respond to this issue. I shop almost exclusively from the app and use the demonstration videos for almost every product I view, so I'm frustrated that they are now gone.
Occasional Contributor
BTW - I've called customer service (not confident the rep understood what I was talking about), emailed customer service and reported the problem when asked for feedback on the app. Not sure where else to go for now...maybe uninstall and reinstall the app again... Thanks, all, for responding!
Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2015 SanBdnoShopper said: Running iOS current version. Clearing website and history data didn't work. Videos working fine on .com, just entirely missing the product demonstration/video window from the app. An unsatisfactory option from the app is to add the item to cart, once it's there click on it and the item comes up like on .com, then select photos or video. Just be sure to delete from your cart if you don't want to purchase. Like I said, very cumbersome way to view videos on the app. Wish QVC tech support would respond to this issue. I shop almost exclusively from the app and use the demonstration videos for almost every product I view, so I'm frustrated that they are now gone.

Hi, SanBdnoShopper!

I downloaded the QVC app to my iPad and I see what you're describing.

I selected a number of items at random and I couldn't find the usual photo or video selection option.

I added an item to my cart, clicked on the item image, and then I did have the option to view the photos or the video. I agree, that's cumbersome and it's poor design (or a software glitch) to hide the videos in that way. Why would anyone want to wait to view videos until after adding something to the cart?

The app lists a "contact us" email address: support@qvc.com. That might be more effective than the phone number. In an email, we can provide a more detailed description of the problem and even add screen shots.

Occasional Contributor
Thanks, dooBdoo, glad to know it's not just me!!! I'll try customer service from the app. Take care!