Respected Contributor

Today it was under 90 degrees, so we took the drives to Frazer and Lancaster QVC Outlets.

Both outlet stores have been closed since early March and just recently reopened.

The stores require masks, social distancing, and limited entrance of customers. They were not real crowded, but steadily busy.

They have big arrows everywhere to point you in the correct direction, and have moved products around to accommodate distances.

My clothes size (M) were very limited, but they had a lot of smaller and larger sizes. Trying on clothes and shoes is not permitted now.

The gold jewelry is almost completely gone, but there is an acceptable selection of silver and costume jewelry.

Lots and lots of D&B purses, holiday decor, and bedding on sale.  Today the discount was a minimum of 40% off everything.

It was a nice drive in the countryside, and I could see all the corn farms and the Amish with their horses and buggies!

Valued Contributor

Re: Visit to QVC Outlets Today

I live 45 minutes away from the Lancaster outlet. I miss my jaunts there with my mom. Sometimes we are lucky and find some good bargains, sometimes not. We always have a good time though and have a nice lunch in Bird in Hand. Em

Honored Contributor

I used to love the outlet near Q studios when I lived in the area.

HSN outlet has re-opened in our area.  I haven't gone yet but people say it's like a giant liquidation warehouse full of Joy Mangano & Iman stuff, Joy stuff, clothing, shoes and everything else.

I think they use a sliding scale based on how long been in store for discounted amount.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the FYI. I bought alot from the one near the Q studios many yrs ago.  I bought carpets,  sheets, clocks, clothes steamers, pots & pans , garmin and oodles of  various items.

Trusted Contributor

It sounds like you enjoyed the ride to and from the Q outlet...   I'm so jealous since the Q outlet here closed up a couple years ago.

I would go once every other month or so it seemed like..it was about a 40 minute ride at that time to get to it, though none of it was through the country.

I hope you picked up something you liked today !!Woman Happy

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper : thanks for letting me know that the Frazer outlet has reopened.

It's a small store, so I am unsure about waiting outside i the heat if the store is at capacity of shoppers, especially since I usually travel on Saturdays.

I think I will wait a few more weeks before taking the trip again. I agree about all the "fine" jewelry- it's almost non-existent and nothing has tempted me at any price, unlike years ago when I would always leave with a 14k bracelet or ring.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I used to love the outlet near Q studios when I lived in the area.

HSN outlet has re-opened in our area.  I haven't gone yet but people say it's like a giant liquidation warehouse full of Joy Mangano & Iman stuff, Joy stuff, clothing, shoes and everything else.

I think they use a sliding scale based on how long been in store for discounted amount.  

@homedecor1  that's what TJMaxx does.  Every month it sits the price goes down.

Honored Contributor

Lancaster is 90 minutes from us, not taken the ride to the outlets in Rockvale in 5 years. We used to go at least twice a year and I had a field day in the Q store, but 5 years ago it just didnt seem the same, bought nothing that day and have not gone back since. 

Miller's restaurant is the best place to eat in the area!!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pre-pandemic, my daughter, sister, a friend and I would go to the outlet in Frazer about 2 or 3 times per year.  We live an hour and a half away from the outlet. After reading the new rules, I doubt we will go again until things become more normal.   They changed the return rules a year or so ago to 30 days.  Prior to that it was either 3 or 6 months...(sorry I can't remember which but definitely longer than the 30 day limit now.) 

Without being able to try on shoes or clothing while there, it makes no sense to buy either of these items only to take them home and not fit, especially with such a long trip back.  I'm sorry to say, we won't be going back any time soon.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

I still miss the QVC Outlet at Rehoboth Beach! It was so much fun to visit.  Wish it would come back!