Respected Contributor

@LindaSal 

That homepage video, with the possibly a little drunk, geriatric, weeping caller reporting her cancer diagnosis and her cupbaord full of gimmicky greens powder.. and the need to include veggies in her diet, (recommended by her doctor!!!!)..in the same breath, while the hosts look on like "what the....." and gush on "we love you" faux concern while thinking "CUT !! CUT! CUT! to the control room..

THiS is what they include in their "Come Shop Here" video?!?!?!?!

Yep. That's  part of what will attract NEW young viewers.

HINT:  OLD viewers, who don't want to be reminded of thier mortality, do NOT want to hear stuff like that ON A SHOPPING CHANNEL!!!!

Can't get to the remote fast enough.

Actually, I'm beginning to feel sorry for the hosts.

I can NOT imagine being home, getting ready to report to that job, thinking.."ANOTHER day of working with "X", who I can't STAND. having to be enthused about the products and the weird calls we have to take on air....

GOSH!!! Carolyn and Dan were SO lucky!!! Why won't they offer ME a package to leave?!!...

If I have to work ONE MORE DAY with "X or "2-Xs" I'll lose my mind..."

Then she remembers...a WHOLE DAY of Dyson Oval Fans....where's the wine?

(And YES I know they can do what we all can do...get another job!!!)

Respected Contributor

How would you like to be that weepy maudlin caller....immortalized on a hype --tape on a shopping channel!!!

So all your friends can hear your DWD ( dialed while drunk?) call into a shopping channel to extol the virtues of some gimmicky green powdered lawn mower deck shavings?

Knowing it'll be out there FOREVER?!?!?!?!

Sheeesh....

Hint...do NOT call in to a Shopping Channel for therapy if you're five shots into it...unless you want to possibly end up like this!!!!

Leave your phone in the other room!!!!

Super Contributor

@Othereeeen  I thought the same thing which really bothered me. 

They had no consideration for the callers.  They only wanted to make themselves look "CARING and COZY" or whatever. 
I feel really bad for both callers. We don't know their condition or situation. Any number of things could be happening.  I have a cousin dying of pancreatic cancer on pain pills who makes some very scary calls. But God knows our hearts break for her. 
So, I'm not judging the callers. But I am judging QVC Public Relations Dept. 
If anyone should be fired, it's their PR department for making that video.

Respected Contributor

@10000thnickname 

For using those calls, for the reasons you mentioned.

I wonder if when you call in, you give permission for your comments to be used forever and ever by Q for any reason?

Whatever, it was in poor taste for a promotional video.

I watched that video as a NEW viewer of QVC might....and it's sad.

It's almost a parody of the shows, which made those calls seem like a parody too....and therefore open to ridicule.

Honored Contributor

Re: Video on Q homepage

[ Edited ]

Was curious so I watched it. It's a headshaker. An honestlly funny blooper reel might be worthwhile. That, overall, was cringe worthy.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

How would you like to be that weepy maudlin caller....immortalized on a hype --tape on a shopping channel!!!

So all your friends can hear your DWD ( dialed while drunk?) call into a shopping channel to extol the virtues of some gimmicky green powdered lawn mower deck shavings?

Knowing it'll be out there FOREVER?!?!?!?!

Sheeesh....

Hint...do NOT call in to a Shopping Channel for therapy if you're five shots into it...unless you want to possibly end up like this!!!!

Leave your phone in the other room!!!!

Unless the caller agreed to her call being used in perpetuity, I would be speed dialing my lawyer.